Author Topic: In love with my cousin  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Rory

• Freshman
In love with my cousin
« on: Sep 28, 2009, 06:48 PM »
This is hard for me but I really do love my cousin she is a 19 and I am  18 and well we are very close and I have loved her for about four years it is so hard to not say anything but I dont want to ruin everything I need help some advice.

Offline Miss_Septi

• Freshman
Re: In love with my cousin
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2009, 06:56 PM »
Hi, I just read your post and was wondering what kind of feelings or hints do you get from your cousin? Because I understand your feelings and if she doesn't know how you feel then maybe just looking in to how you two are together might help you understand how to tell her.
I mean things between me and my cousin worked and I never told my feelings first. From the way I could tell that he somewhat felt the same way was that either he would try his damn hardest not to touch me or pay much attention to me or when he did, it was really affectionate. But to be honest, deep down you can just kind of sense if it's more then a cousin bond. Tell me more, please. I would like to help.

Offline Rory

• Freshman
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2009, 06:59 PM »
Well I kind of think she might like me more than a cousin but it is to hard to tell I sometimes get these vibes that tell me that but other than that I dont know

Offline Miss_Septi

• Freshman
« Reply #3 on: Sep 28, 2009, 07:13 PM »
I felt the same way. Like "this person is my cousin! they would never see me that way." But you have to realize that you are their cousin and you like them that way, so it is possible. I say push your boundaries a little. Like holding her hand more (but obviously not in front of other relatives) or affectionately rubbing you thumb over her hand. These little hints and reading their reactions helps. And don't be worry if you feel like you get rejected, there is such a thing called denial. Just keep doing this until you feel more confident to tell her or to make a move. Trust me when I say I was so happy when my cousin finally decided to kiss me and tell me how he felt or I would have still been holding his hand hoping that he could sense my feelings. How close are you two by the way?

Offline Rory

• Freshman
« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 2009, 08:29 PM »
Very, I have known her my entire life and that is what is making this so hard

Offline Miss_Septi

• Freshman
« Reply #5 on: Sep 28, 2009, 08:38 PM »
Well I say be honest and gentle in approaching her with your feelings. Talking about it helps and I think you should tell her. I hope my comments have helped, and if you still don't feel ready to say anything, you have to realize that she might move on from you and I know the pain of regret. It's the last thing you want to feel every time you see her. Don't let the fear of your family weigh you down or stop you. Because if you two do end up together, trust me when I say you will feel like you can bear anything as long as you two are together. Not doing something and always wondering 'what if' is more painful then being rejected (by your cousin or your family rejecting your relationship together). If you think she is worth, then she is.

admin