Author Topic: how to tell your cousin you love her in text [UPDATED AT BOTTOM]  (Read 5406 times)

Offline confusedbadly

• Freshman
I have more topics on this, In the forum. You may not need to look But I just have a simple question

In a text message how would I confront my cousin with "i love you"
or i like you more than a cousin and etc.

I'm tired of this game we've been playing for 2 years back and forth. So I need a simple way to ask her without... I dont know... Without her freaking out about it.

Im sure by now that she treats me better than all my other cousins and Likes me. But maybe thats just because I help her out alot and Keep in touch with her.

I really dont know what to say, Just.. If you have a good way to tell her that in a text. tell me please. Thanks

*edit*
I just told her that she is my closest friend and I love her. and she said  " omg i loveeee u 2 :] "

what do you think of that? Or once again is it just family love lol.
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2009, 01:03 PM by confusedbadly »

Offline meant2b

Re: how to tell your cousin you love her in text
« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2009, 11:14 PM »
You can't get any reasonable, reliable response out of a text message. There is too much room for misinterpretation. If you want a real, REAL answer you are going to have to talk to your cousin.  With your voice, using actual words and all that grown-up stuff. :biggrin:

IsItEvenReal

« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2009, 02:16 AM »
Don't do that!!

Tell her in person.

I just had a dream how my cuz confessed his love to me through texts and in the dream I freaked out/thought he wasn't serious/thought that someone took his phone away and texted it to me... and yes it was a dream, but I am 100% sure that I'd be the same in real :P

Offline John Fake

« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2009, 02:34 AM »
I have to agree with IsItEvenReal, if it's possible tell her in person. You can see her eyes and read her reactions, that alone will tell you what you need to know. If you can't tell her in person and face to face then a phone call would be my second choice, text or email would be my very last choice.

Best of luck to you both,
JF
If you like my ideas or thoughts how about hitting me up with a applaud Karma... :aikido:

IsItEvenReal

« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2009, 02:38 AM »
(...)If you can't tell her in person and face to face then a phone call would be my second choice, text or email would be my very last choice.

Best of luck to you both,
JF

nah, it sounds like they're friends, therefore he should just call her and ask her out for coffee or something (when he's ready)

Offline Joseph

« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2009, 05:37 PM »
Yeah i agree with both of you..... :)

IsItEvenReal

« Reply #6 on: Oct 04, 2009, 06:42 AM »
also, keep us posted, confusedbadly! :) :hug:

Offline confusedbadly

• Freshman
« Reply #7 on: Oct 04, 2009, 01:02 PM »
Well lol, I decided to talk to her last nght, because after i sprang my right hand and i was sore all over from exercising so I really couldn't do anything else. I texted her with the usual stuff asking her whats up and everything. and she was at a friends house. we were just talkin back and forth and I told her that im just in my bed I cant move because i hurt my self exercising and then I told her that my dog is takin advantage of me cause I cant move lol. He was tearin up my legs with his nails for some reason. But then she said " aww I miss ur dog hes so cute" and I was like. lol if u say so. (now these next few lines may seem mean but trust me, thats how our family talks lol. it shows how much we love each other.) i said to her.

lol if u say so. i find stanky breath and smellin bad ALL the time a ugly factor. but SOMETIMES IT DONT EVEN MATTER YOU FEEL ME? HAHA. (one day she was sick and she was smellin really bad and me my brother and her brother were all talking about her. and we bring that day up like once a week lol, so she knows what im talking about.)    ( i was saying i would sleep with her even if she did stink.) (not really LOL, but yea)
then she said. " your so mean to ur dog, no wonder he dont like u"

i said. " i was talkin about u LOL" then she said " ur so mean lol"
then finally i said  "dang u slow. u will never understand. nvm"

she said " wowww i am no slow i amd smart. (trying to sound dumb)

Im just giving you guys an update on what we talked about last night. that was only some of it. But do you think she understands what I meant when I told her that and just trying to ignore it? Or is she really just dumb. lol

IsItEvenReal

um... how old are you?

Offline John Fake

Hi confusedbadly,

Not to sound mean... Are you both really young teens or really young preteens? I guess it's hard for me to understand because to me you don't sounds like your an adult yet, and thats ok.  I know you have good intentions and all, but if you want to get your point across your going to have to do it in a manner that is more adult or at least in a manner that sounds more serious when you're talking to her. It's cool to joke around and have a good time, I am all for that but from what you just updated your post with it's hard to take you very seriously about wanting to have any kind of relationship with your cousin.

Again please don't get upset or mad, it's just how I am reading what your posting.

Good luck,
JF
If you like my ideas or thoughts how about hitting me up with a applaud Karma... :aikido:

Offline confusedbadly

• Freshman
Oh, haha its fine. Im 17 and she just turned 16 now.
I understand I have to be more adult about it. I'll keep that in mind.

But yeah.

Offline John Fake

Please know, I wasn't trying to be mean about the youth comment. I could just tell you where still young and again that great. Everyone is young at one time and you happen to have some really strong feelings right now towards your cousin, and I think that's wonderful! However, being your still not 21 your still going to have to take some time and work with her to try to find out if your both wanting the same thing in a relationship. Everyone here is here to help so don't worry about asking question, we will try to help you both with the best advise we have to offer.

cheers,
JF