Author Topic: COUSIN MARRIAGE  (Read 3100 times)

Offline MEME

COUSIN MARRIAGE
« on: Jan 15, 2012, 05:29 AM »
 I am engaged to my cousin (he's my aunt's son) I love him very much and we have so much fun together and he loves me very much and respect me and are always so kind to me .. we were very lucky I had no problems .... but 2 days ago I read on the internet about cousin marriage, and I noticed how people thought it was "not normal" that is "inbreeding and disgusting" that "you're sick in head 'and' "cousins are like siblings " " poor child, which does not become normal "there were many many similar comments after reading about how society views cousin marriage and the risk that the child goes through ...so since then I feel very very bad and cried :cry: ..and my fiance told me today that I have changed a lot but I did not told him about it.

I do not feel well .. what should I do??? I want everything to be as before, but after reading how society views cousin marriage, which only consisted of bad comments .... so every time I talk to my fiance or hang out with him so I do not feel well because of everything I read about

I love him very much he is like an angel, so sweet. but I get bad feelings when I'm with him and i cant imagine a life with him..its so hard!!  :(

HELP ME I DONT NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO  :cry: :cry:

Offline Nattana

• One and only Life Member
  • Global Moderator
Re: COUSIN MARRIAGE
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2012, 06:59 AM »
Meme - Welcome to Cousin Couples! 

The comments you find on the internet are posted by people who are ignorant of the facts.  They are repeating prejudiced information without any true research.

We have accurate information here and lots of happy personal stories of cousins who have married and had healthy children.  We do recommend that ANY couple, whether related or not, have genetic counseling before having children. 

As for society in general, the fact that you are cousins does not have to be told unless you want to share the information.  Some cousins are very open, others prefer to be more private. 

Take a deep breath and relax.  It is not as bad as it looks!  We are here to support you and encourage you. 

I do recommend that you share this site with your cousin so you both will know the true facts.

Again, Welcome!  I'm so glad you found us!

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Nattana

Offline august

• _finally got married_
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2012, 07:52 AM »
@ Meme:
hello, we're the same, im also engaged w/ my first cousin (my mother's sister's son). we already have a baby turning 2months old this 20. our baby's in total good and healthy condition. she had a well growth and development. i just want you to know that don't be so affected w/ what you have read. most of those negative comments are from people who are so knowledge deficit about cousin marriages. what they are saying are just merely from their own perception about cousin relationships. and about having a child w/ defects, they might be basing it according to hear says. maybe they havent heard or seen yet a cousin couple who had a very health children. i suggest, instead of stressing yourself w/ those negative comments you've read, why not search for all the positive supporting information about cousin marriages? biblically speaking,first cousin relationship is not a sin, its not even prohibited. cheer up girl! think positive! FYI: first and second cousin couples are perfect genes of having a baby!
"why find a stranger?"

Offline LadyC

• Administrator
    • Earth Psalts
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2012, 03:33 PM »
...... and people talk trash about how ugly and glutonous fat people are.

...... and about how disgusting and nasty smokers are.

..... and how ignorant and arrogant democrats are (and they might be right ;) just kidding)

.... and well, you get the point, right? no matter what you are in life, who you love, where you go, we're all victims of somebody else's criticism, because people have nothing better to do than bully others. it's human nature. and just remember, there are those people who only make themselves feel better by making someone else feel or look as bad as they are. the world's full of  them.

you were happy before you read such hateful comments. so brush off the criticism and be happy again. very few people in the world find the kind of love that is healthy and full of joy and compassion and mutual respect. don't throw it away because of bigotry and trash on the internet.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans! ~~ Van Zandt

Offline MEME

« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2012, 05:16 AM »

thanks NAT! =) I'm so glad to have found this page, and I have read many stories about "cousin couples" and it feels better that I am not alone and I have also seen many healthy wonderful beautiful children they are the children of cousins... doctors say that the risk is higher to have abnormal child if the parents are cousins its because cousins are related ​, but I think it depends a lot on whether either parent has inherited diseases or the risk may be much higher if those mothers who smoke , drink, take drugs, than if they are cousins ​​..

thanks for your support LadyC, August and Nat ... i really  feel better now =)

Milton

« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2012, 11:52 PM »
I am married to my first cousin for almost 18 years, we have two beautiful children, a. Boy now 16 almost 17 and a daughter 14 years old.
Love is more powerfull, if you love your cousin that is all that is important in life, don't let other take away your happiness, that is yours and no matter what the world tells you at the end of the day is your happiness

Go ahead, follow your heart

JH

« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2012, 09:53 AM »
So im currently in a relationship with my cousin. (my moms sisters son.) and im being told that marrying your first cousin is illegal. But the things i have been reading say that its legal. I just wanna kno if it is legal in NYS to marry your first cousin. I love him so much and ive never been this happy! Im not lettin anybody take what him and i have away.

Offline Hawk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2012, 04:08 PM »
JH,
 http://www.cousincouples.com/?page=states
Notice the green color of NY? You are perfectly legal to marry in New York. Be sure to let whoever is telling you otherwise know they should not quit their day job. They don't know what they are talking about...... :laughter:

SEBrooke

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 11:53 AM »
I'm engaged to my 1cousin 1 removed ( my grandpa's nephew) and I'm currently pregnant with our first baby girl. Our doctors don't know about the relation and everything has been right on track. The state we line allow us to be married but we have to go to another state to do our ceremony. We are the happiest we have ever been.
We live in a small town and I have a ex tht went and spread the word about us. I've lost alot of friends due to this but I've learned tht friends are not what you always need when your happy and have each other.
I say ignore what others say and be happy!! You get one chance in this life, live it how you want to!

flower

« Reply #9 on: Jun 11, 2013, 03:28 AM »
Hey i too am in love with my firstfirst cousin and we  have gotten married before God and now we want to get married and put it on paper. He is so perfect for me and i love him so much. I have nothing to hide from him and he loves me anyway. He knows that I'm strong and i will do anything and go thrue anything with and ill do anything for him because i have done it. He was my first and he is my last, my best friend, my love, my companion, and my husband. No matter what anybody says we are perfect together and i used to feel bad before too because of  the things people say and they are prejudice against us, but in the Bible it doesn't say it's
wrong and i learned that first cousin marriages we're actually encouraged because that was the perfect way to keep the blood line good. I love my husband and we have a strong bond because we are bound spiritually, physically,and by blood. And blood is thicker then water . I love you Nelson.

admin