• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
baliber

hiding our love

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

5 posts in this topic

Well I'm 36 and she is 26 we grew up in different states and didn't know each other we chatted on the internet for a while and ended up hanging out at a social get together with friends the moment I walked in the door and played eyes on her it was love at first sight we ended up hooking up that night and have been dating ever since it has been 3 months now and I am truly in love with my cousin the only person that knows about us is her sis\my other cousin and she is cool with it but we have been hiding it from everyone else we are planning on getting married this month and not sure if we should just do it and say here we are deal with it or be open with our family about it either way her and I are going to be together just would like to know how others dealt with a situation like ours

oh my gosh. this is insane. baliber, you're 26 and writing like a five year old. EDIT and use punctuation. i personally don't give advice to adults who type like children.

The grammar/writing advice set aside for the moment....

Don't get married in a shroud of secrecy.  And my humble advice is to hold off on marriage until you have known each other for a bit longer.  First off, your relationship has been built on a shaky foundation of sexuality: Hooking up the first time you got together, not even an official date, sets the groundwork for a relationship without much stability.  Obviously, I can't officially say that you have a shallow basis for your relationship, since I don't know you.  But I do know that statistically speaking, you do.

As for eliminating the secrecy:  You need to present yourself as a couple to your family.  Just tell them.  Show up to Easter dinner together.  Invite your parents over for dinner that the two of you host together.  Invite the family over for some NCAA basketball and let them see the two of you interacting together....  They may be more accepting of it than you think they will (mine were!).  Since you are significantly older than your cousin, she is probably looking for you to take the lead here.  Let her know that you are proud of who you are together and that you will be with her no matter what the family may think.

But by all means, don't rush into this relationship!

serendipity has provided you the only advice you will receive here until you contact me by PM with a willingness to edit your post.