• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pelicanpoint123

a word of caution

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

4 posts in this topic

my parents were first cousins.  i didn't find out until i was 14.  i have a brother, and he and i are both healthy happy individuals.  i'm glad my parents were brave enough to follow their hearts, get married, and start our family.  however, when i was 7, my parents divorced.  the damage to the family was catastrophic.  my grandmothers were sisters, and each essentially ended up cutting out the other side.  my family was so divided that i would never have dreamed that they were cousins in a million years.  i think it's wonderful to fall in love, but if you're going to marry your cousin and start a family, give the damage you could cause by not staying together serious thought.  of course, no one plans to divorce, but still...i wish my family could still be as close as it was when my parents were growing up. 

words of wisdom. i'm sorry your family was so torn apart!

That was the first talk Judy and I had , We both agreed if we married it was forever. Divorce was not an option. We had our share rough times but held in there every time. I lost her to cancer 2 years ago. I have not thought about remarrying after all once you have a cousin as a spouse it changes your out look on relationships

after all once you have a cousin as a spouse it changes your out look on relationships

<---No doubt and well said.

We talked about it as well before we got married. I think it was the most important discussion we ever had and will have...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0