nessa76

Attempting my first ever Sunday dinner tomorrow Lol

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

16 posts in this topic

I've never cooked a whole chicken in my life but tomorrow i'll attempt to cook it for the first time ever. I just hope i cook it right, don't want to get food poisoning lol

I've got potatoes, yorkshire pudding, apple and sage stuffing, gravy etc... along with apple sauce and cranberry sauce too :smiley:

nessa76

Sounds wonderful!  Truly making me hungry!

Just remember to use a meat thermometer.  😄

I ain't got a thermometer but I'll check it's thoroughly cooked by pricking the thickest part of the chicken to check the juices run clear before eating any of the chicken.

Right on.  I find that cooking it for a couple hours and then poking it with a fork to check the juice works well.  If it's clear, I leave the foil off to brown it...about another half hour.  I'm just a bit particular when I cook or grill.

I found that my mistake early in my cooking experience was constantly opening the oven which can lengthen the cooking time.

One of my favs is putting a whole chicken, end over a beer can and cooking it on the grill.  Yum!

Let us know how it turns out!

I will let you know how it turns out, no problem. I like oxo herbs and more that go in gravy, gives it real flavour with an added kick to it.

nessa76

Love me some Yorkshire pudding...

I made it once with the drippings of a prime rib. Yummy.

Well it was well cooked, juices were clear and their was no pink either. Everything else was the easiest to cook Lol

I knew you would knock it out of the park!

Thanks Ctmd, surprising what one can do when they put their mind to it. I really enjoyed cooking the Chicken, it was a new experience for me Lol

Made a spicy beef stir fry the other day, that was nice with soy sauce, vegetables and noodles.

nessa76

Welcome😄  Sounds like you enjoy cooking.  It can be fun venturing outside the comfort zone.

We have a wonderful spice store (Penzey's) that I love to venture in.  It's fun to pick a new herb/spice and make a dish with that.  Give it a try if you are feeling adventurous.  Even something as simple as creating a rub or a sauce can be exciting.

It can be fun, I like sauces and making dips like humous with chick peas :)

I like curries but spices would be better making a curry, rather than out of a can. I have a pestle and mortar so I can always grind the spices using that.

nessa76

If you decide to roast another bird, Nessa, here's a little tip. Roast the chicken breast side down, and there's no need to cover or baste it. The fattiest part of the chicken is underneath so as it roasts the juices run down into the breast, making it moist and succulent. Plus you get nice crispy skin around the thighs and leg. Yum!

If you decide to roast another bird, Nessa, here's a little tip. Roast the chicken breast side down, and there's no need to cover or baste it. The fattiest part of the chicken is underneath so as it roasts the juices run down into the breast, making it moist and succulent. Plus you get nice crispy skin around the thighs and leg. Yum!

I certainly will be roasting another bird, so I will roast it upside down next time. Nice to put herbs, garlic in the cavity too  :smiley:

nessa76

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead