Closetomydream

My grill is calling me...

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

27 posts in this topic

Dreaming of smoked ribs, slow cooked brisket, shish kabobs...mmm.

This weekend will be fun-filled.  Making rubs and bbq sauce...let the season begin!

i know where i'm eating dinner this weekend!

I usually grill year round,  quick foods in winter..burgers, dogs, shrimp, etc.  Not so much this last..

Jealous of your weather Nat.  Can't convince my ladyfriend to move south. :/

This will be a season of experimental dishes.  I have perfected my current line-up...so time to add to the bench.

Something simple...I'm after a new marinade for the kababs.

Something never tried...stuffed chicken breast...or pork loin.

Experimentation with smoking with apple wood. 

And so on.  Much to learn this year!

I need to get another grill, we always had a fire ring but lol I'd bet those are a HUGE no no here...

It was 80F here today :) we spent most of our time outside.

Everyone else was in long sleeves & I had a tank top & no shoes on lol

Winter here is laughable compared to what we had to deal with in PA

I usually grill year round,  quick foods in winter..burgers, dogs, shrimp, etc.  Not so much this last..

This will be a season of experimental dishes.  I have perfected my current line-up...so time to add to the bench.

after 16 years of marriage, my husband has just fallen in love with smoking briskets. so forget the weather, the cold, the rain... and forget the unseasonably high prices... my husband has smoked at least one brisket every month since the end of summer last year. the last time he planned to smoke one, i had tried to point out that it was supposed to be storming. i don't think he really believed it would, but it did... and by that time i'd teased him about his plans in front of several people at our church. ha! never tease a man about his grill in front of other people! he put that brisket on the smoker, and he went out in the sleet and rain to check on it every hour til about midnight that night. by that time he was pretty much given up on trying to keep the temperature regulated considering our pecan wood was wet, so he brought it in and it finished in the oven.

oh and since you do a lot of experimenting on the grill, you should check out the book called America Grills... i bought a copy for my husband and my brother for christmas. AMAZING the recipes they have in there, not just for meat, but for veggies that you'd have never thought of putting on the grill.

oh and since you do a lot of experimenting on the grill, you should check out the book called America Grills... i bought a copy for my husband and my brother for christmas. AMAZING the recipes they have in there, not just for meat, but for veggies that you'd have never thought of putting on the grill.

They look mouth watering those in the book. I like it on Amazon when you can preview the book. Might buy the book myself now, given me ideas Lol

nessa76

:cry: no one ever plugs MY cookbook! :cry: :cry:

hey nat, if yours was a grilling cookbook i would have!

hey everyone! nat has a GREAT cookbook, and she worked really hard at putting it together! it's awesome for anyone, but especially good if you're trying to cut back on carbs and sugars!

nat, you have to provide the link though, i don't remember the title!

THE GOOD, THE FAST AND THE HEALTHY by Jean Millar

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Thanks LC!!

HUGS

Nat

Do you mean dogs as in hot dogs?

nessa76

yes, in bbq terms, dogs is hot dogs, not puppies!

nat, you should post a link, too!

nessa, THAT ain't a grill! that's just an oversized pancake griddle LOL. don't you brits cook on an outdoor grill? THESE are grills!! http://goo.gl/me1HQD

Well us Brits do have outdoor Grills like for a BBQ but i have no backyard unfortunately as i live in an upper flat. Those grills look like belters for BBQ's etc... on the website you linked.

Maybe one day, if i move in to a house with a big back yard i could buy one & have one great BBQ Lol

nessa76

Here's a Brit site that sells American BBQ's etc...  :smiley:

http://www.americanbbq.co.uk/

nessa, i hope some day you get your back yard :)

nat, thanks for that! we should have kc link to it somewhere.... either on the menu or maybe as a sticky post somewhere!

Dreaming of smoked ribs, slow cooked brisket, shish kabobs...mmm.

This weekend will be fun-filled.  Making rubs and bbq sauce...let the season begin!

How did your weekend go with all the cooking, good I hope?

nessa76

Hi Nessa!

It went very well, thank you.  I made a couple of rubs.  The first rub was made for the chops made from rosemary, seasoning salt, dried orange zest.  The chops were fantastic! My second rub is made for my baby backs...brown sugar, rosemary, kosher salt, chili powder, black pepper. 

This weekend will be fun-filled smoking ribs....low a slow! And grilling burgers with apple smoked bacon.  My mouth is already watering.  ????

Hi Nessa!

It went very well, thank you.  I made a couple of rubs.  The first rub was made for the chops made from rosemary, seasoning salt, dried orange zest.  The chops were fantastic! My second rub is made for my baby backs...brown sugar, rosemary, kosher salt, chili powder, black pepper. 

This weekend will be fun-filled smoking ribs....low a slow! And grilling burgers with apple smoked bacon.  My mouth is already watering.  ????

Mine's watering too. Always nice to marinate meat to give it good flavour.

Enjoy

nessa76

Well I'm marinating pork ribs in a Bbq sauce just out of a tub along with a few spices, I know it'd be nothing like a real bbq but I'll be doing it in my slow cooker tomorrow for 6 to 8 hours and then finish them off with more sauce in the oven.

I will put a photo up for you to see. Always nice to try new things now and then :smiley:

nessa76

I'm jealous. ????...beautiful weekend to be out grilling, but none for me.  I'm on a soft foods diet.  Perhaps next weekend.  Hope it went well!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead