• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
nessa76

My next purchase is a bottom set of Grillz for my teeth, fashionable Lol

for your teeth? i could see it for the grill of a car, but not for your mouth!

I hope you've got some savings stashed away in your back pocket for the damage those suckers are going to do to your teeth - because they are going to damage them.

If you are set on wearing them, please take the time to talk to your dentist (or better yet a dentist who specializes in fitting grillz) before you get them.

Also buy a quality set, base metals can cause allergic reactions to your mouth over time, not to mention discoloring your mouth/teeth.

All that said, to me these look like a mix between bad partial plates & braces. But, to each their own I guess...

for your teeth? i could see it for the grill of a car, but not for your mouth!

They are for teeth, I wouldn't wear them permanently though. Just for going out at the weekend for a few hours :smiley:

nessa76

I hope you've got some savings stashed away in your back pocket for the damage those suckers are going to do to your teeth - because they are going to damage them.

If you are set on wearing them, please take the time to talk to your dentist (or better yet a dentist who specializes in fitting grillz) before you get them.

Also buy a quality set, base metals can cause allergic reactions to your mouth over time, not to mention discoloring your mouth/teeth.

All that said, to me these look like a mix between bad partial plates & braces. But, to each their own I guess...

Thanks totallynormal, here's an article i found from the ADA (American Dental Association)  :smiley:

http://www.mouthhealthy.org/en/az-topics/g/grills

nessa76

I've read that article :)

Speaking from 2nd hand experience I've seen the damage they can do. A good friend blew through $5k in dental repairs because his grill damaged his opposing teeth (he had a bottom plate, the constant bumping against the top teeth caused them to chip & wear).

I'm not saying don't get them, it's your mouth lol I'm just saying before you do you should research the damage they can cause.

I've read that article :)

Speaking from 2nd hand experience I've seen the damage they can do. A good friend blew through $5k in dental repairs because his grill damaged his opposing teeth (he had a bottom plate, the constant bumping against the top teeth caused them to chip & wear).

I'm not saying don't get them, it's your mouth lol I'm just saying before you do you should research the damage they can cause.

Thanks, i don't like the idea of spending 5k on dental repairs Lol  If i do decide to buy though after doing my research, i'd only wear them on a night out at a weekend. Not 24/7 because then my teeth will be wrecked. They're just a fashionabe trend that seems to be out nowadays. Weird and unattractive to a lot of people but it's each to their own Lol

I am a dental hygienist and first hand have seen the damage these things can cause. Whether worn for a "few hours occasionally" or "full time",

they are nothing but bad news.

But as you say to each his own.

I am a dental hygienist and first hand have seen the damage these things can cause. Whether worn for a "few hours occasionally" or "full time",

they are nothing but bad news.

But as you say to each his own.

I don't think i will bother buying any grillz now, seems like a lot have that point of view about them. Think i might have my Tongue pierced instead Lol

nessa76

So glad outlook decided not to the get  the grillz :)

I like tounge piercings personally.

Thanks, I'm glad I've been told the damage they can do. I like tongue piercings too, had one before but needed to take it out due to having surgery :smiley:

nessa76

Believe it or not. but tongue piercings are bad on the teeth also.

The person develops a tendency  to "tap" the teeth with it and can evetually crack and chip the teeth.

The mouth was not designed to have such "jewelry" in it.

how about a nice little diamond stud in the nostril instead?

I already have my nose pierced. I might get my eyebrow pierced instead Lol

nessa76

Thats's a better idea nessa.

At least it won't damage your so very important teeth and I bet you have  a

great smile without anything added!

Thats's a better idea nessa.

At least it won't damage your so very important teeth and I bet you have  a

great smile without anything added!

My mom says I have a nice smile too  :smiley:

nessa76