nessa76

US corn starch and brits cornflour!

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

8 posts in this topic

Over here in the UK we call it cornflour but over in the states it's known as corn starch.

Good to know these things, especially when buying any cookery books :)

nessa76

Words are fun aren't they? I work with a Brit that calls his eraser a rubber...about fell out of my chair when he talked about losing it.  😄

They are fun, your right. We call them erasers over here in the UK but some do call them rubbers  Lol

It's like over here we say arse but in the US, they call it ass but they both have the same meaning.

nessa76

Exchanging recipes can be frustrating - I remember trying to give a friend in the UK my recipe for Sour Cream Pound Cake - it took us about sixty messages and we still have no idea how similar the cakes are.  LOL

Nat

Exchanging recipes can be frustrating - I remember trying to give a friend in the UK my recipe for Sour Cream Pound Cake - it took us about sixty messages and we still have no idea how similar the cakes are.  LOL

Nat

Easier to follow ingredients and directions out of a book. There's always google search to find the differences used in various countries Lol

nessa76

We call a sidewalk a kerb, my cousins from Oregon and I love to laugh about these things.

So true, I'm from the UK and we do call it a kerb Lol

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead