• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
womanallegro

meat free, high protien.

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

9 posts in this topic

Hi.

Normally I love my meat but pregnancy has put the blockers on this. At the moment I can't stand the stuff!

So any protein rich, but meat free recipes would be greatly appreciated!

K x

Hi.

Normally I love my meat but pregnancy has put the blockers on this. At the moment I can't stand the stuff!

So any protein rich, but meat free recipes would be greatly appreciated!

K x

Here's a link to top 10 foods that are high in protein. There are a few meats on there but there's eggs, cheese, beans and so on  :smiley:

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-highest-in-protein.php

nessa76

Thank you, nessa.

Your welcome womanallegro, good to be health conscious whilst your pregnant. Do you take Folic Acid?

nessa76

I have a friend who's vegetarian (or is she vegan now? I dunno lol - she doesn't eat meat, we'll put it that way), she swears by this stuff called Nutritional Yeast. It's flakes made from deactivated yeast (I think) & I guess it's loaded with protein & other vitamins that non-meat eaters need.

You might try looking it up, since it gives you more than just the protein you'll be missing (like B12).

She made me try it once, it was actually pretty good!

Anyway, other than that maybe Google 'nutritionally complete vegetarian meals'. That should take you to a few good recipes :)

NUTS! nuts are incredibly high in protein.

but might i recommend juicing or making smoothies? you can either add vanilla whey (or soy) protein powder for a good boost of protein, or you can add some greek yogurt, which is also high in protein. they make awesome additions to the drink.

Yes, I did in the first trimester, and now I'm taking pregnancy supplements if I feel on any particular day that my diet has lacked adequate nutrition. Luckily for me I'm not craving any 'bad' stuff....yet! Fruit and veg really agree with me, as does dry stuff like trail mix etc.

The smoothies sound delicious, Lady C, I'll definitely try those.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0