Closetomydream

Just Wow

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

5 posts in this topic

Friends, must share with you the smile that is upon my face. 

Last night, my ladyfriend called me on her way home from her boss's Wedding reception...and she just poured her heart out.  Normally, she is very reserved in her verbal affections, but last night left me speechless with her words.  Thirty minutes of sharing with me how she feels about me and us. Blown away can barely describe the feeling.  Words don't usually come to her easily, and she expresses herself through many other ways.

It has been three years, and I suppose the chase is over...but her passion is quite clear.  While I've known how she has felt, to hear the words was for lack of better words, powerful.

We talked till 3AM, discussing our friendship and all that was important.  Love, children, our family.  We talked about her fears of now and what's to come.  It was a great moment for us.

My partner is an incredible woman. A beautiful, hard-working mother of two great children...they are my heart. 

If you will indulge me...I give thanks to Him for the blessings of this sunshine that is my life.  A few years ago, I asked him for an angel...someone to be my partner, somone that I could love with everything that I am, and one that would do the same.  I have faith that prayer was answered.  I ask that he continue to be in our relationship...guiding us for years to come.  Praise to Him!

Thank you for the opportunity to share it here.  It is a blessing sharing in your stories and receiving your advice...all has been very valuable.  May your life be blessed with all that is good and right.

Great news !! Glad to hear she was able to express herself to you finally. Must be a great feeling !!

What is the next step ??

that really is awesome, i bet you're floating on clouds now!

Thank you both.

Ah, what is the next step...getting this far has taken a lot of patience and care.  We have inched forward at a snail's pace.  Moving in was a HUGE step for her and that was almost 18 months ago.  For now, we are looking forward to buying a house.

Keeping us secret is still her wish for now...but the feeling that I get from her parents, and others, is that no one fooled.  While at dinner with her parents, her mother asked why I wasn't going to the wedding, I almost burst out laughing.  If you ask me, the facade is for my ladyfriend's comfort.

I don't see marriage in the future, not because I'm against it, but rather it's her feeling.  After two failed marriages, she has no interest.  I will share that I have made a lifetime committment to her...her fear prevents her from doing the same.

We won't have children...between the two of us, we have six children.  So, enjoying them and looking forward to grand kids.????

Sounds like things are sailing right along in a good way. I'm sure as time goes on she'll be more at ease with the whole thing. Your family might know a little more than you think. Sometimes kids will inadvertently spill the beans on things, especially if you are all living together.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead