• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nessa76

Slow Cooker?

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone cooked a whole chicken in a slow cooker and if so, how did it turn out?

Reason why i'm asking is because i'm going to buy one  :cheesy:

nessa76

they make racks that you can put the chicken on in the crockpot so that it will keep it out of the grease and juices, but you can also wad up a bunch of tin foil to put under it, lifting it up. i've done that before, but i didn't make them big enough. i've been meaning to give it another try. maybe you could set it up on a couple of ceramic mugs turned upside down? that might make it too tall to put the lid on though.

I'm always afraid to cook chicken in a slow cooker, growing up I was always warned they didn't get hot enough for chicken. I know logically it's BS but I can't get passed it.

my biggest problem with any kind of chicken in the crockpot is OVER cooking it. if it's overcooked, no amount of gravy can fix it.

If your feared LadyC of over cooking a chicken in the crockpot, better to be indoors while making it so you can keep a check on it. I actually nipped out to my local supermarket that's open 24/7 and bought myself a 3.5l slow cooker as that's all the size they had. I bought a chicken too but i think it can squeeze in Lol

I'll put water or chicken stock half way up the chicken, so the greases and juice go in the water or stock because it won't fit otherwise. I decided to buy a 3.5l because i live on my own.

nessa76

You could also take the skin off the chicken but then it wouldn't be crispy unless your not too bothered by it.

nessa76

don't think the skin will get crispy anyway unless you take it out and put it under the broiler for a few minutes. that's what i've read, anyway!

Your right, mine isn't crispy but its Juicy.

Here's a photo of the final outcome :smiley:

well i hope it tasted as good as it looks!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0