MahendraAruna

Genetic issue

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

11 posts in this topic

we aren't medical experts here. we're just people. and even if we were medical experts we couldn't answer your question. you really need to talk to your doctor to find out. it would require some testing of the amniotic fluid at this point, i'm pretty sure.

what i can say (after a quick research on the web) is that bartters syndrome IS an autosomal recessive condition, which means you and your husband both carry the gene.

i'm sorry, i wish i could give you better information that would ease your mind, but i can't. nobody here can. this is something that you'll have to take up with your doctor.

Thanks. LadyC medical advise term includes any other couple if suffered the same issue.

This disorder literally affects one in a million people in most places (Kuwait and Costa Rica being a noted exception where it is much more common). It doesn't appear there is enough information online to answer your question. There appears to be 4 or 5 different variants and who knows if the frequency is the same for each one. If you asked ten different medical experts, I'm afraid that you would get ten different professional opinions.

If a couple has two children that are disabled, it is irresponsible to have a third child without having this information in advance, when one can make an informed decision on whether to have additional children. The couple has had over ten years to find out something. It's a little late to seek such stats at this point as they would be completely meaningless. I'm not trying to be harsh, my heart goes out to the couple. Many couples who are in a special risk group know the stats in advance and say, "statistics be damned," I want another child. We all respect that. The fact that they are cousins, by itself, doesn't put them in a special risk group.

So, the local medical doctor should do some tests and take care of her. That is all you can do at this juncture.

please seek your advice from a DOCTOR. we'd love to hear back from you when you find out what he has determined through testing.

Hi kc, three of the best hospitals in india research and referal, sir gangaram and apolo are taking care of the genetic and other tests my main concern over here is experience.  In case any other coisin cpl ever faced the prob can help me out.

Ahh. I completely understand. You will not find them here I'm afraid. We attract mostly English speakers which would put the chances at about one in a million. I am glad you are getting excellent medical care in India. Try not to worry.

Hi kc, three of the best hospitals in india research and referal, sir gangaram and apolo are taking care of the genetic and other tests my main concern over here is experience.  In case any other coisin cpl ever faced the prob can help me out.

????????????? English speaking ????????? Was i talking russian.  Not to hurt any feelings i am looking for any ecpdrience.

mahendra, here's the problem with what you are looking for. the genetic issue that you are dealing with is extremely rare. couple that with the fact that there have been very, very few people who have ever joined this site whose children have a genetic problem at all, and that could answer your questions.

the best we can do is tell you that the odds are 1 in 4 that this next child will also have the condition that affects your son. that's a 25% risk. i hope your doctors will schedule you quickly for an amniocentesis so that you can find out if the child you are carrying will have it. please let us know what you find out!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead