• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LovelyR

Texas Genetic Counceling

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

7 posts in this topic

Hi, LovelyR. I think LadyC and KC are from texas, they're both administrators so hopefully they could advise you about this.

nessa76

LadyC is from Texas as am I. KC however is from North Carolina.

I am not as familiar with the law,except for the fact that it is illegal for first cousins.

I am married to my second cousin so it doesn't apply to us and we are not in the baby business either. Lol

LadyC or CM (ColoradoMarried) would be of more help. But I do not think you will like the

answer to your question.

Hang around and one of them or Hawk will show up eventully..

Your welcome, as said though just wait for LadyC or the others to help you out on this. I googled first cousin's in Texas and it does say it's illegal, but 2nd cousin marriage Isn't.

Hope you find a genetic counceller, even if it's out of Texas  :smiley:

Good luck

nessa76

I wouldn't seek genetic counseling unless there is some special reason to do so. The NSOGC doesn't think it is necessary for cousins. If it would make you feel better, then there is no reason that you can't seek the advice of a GC. Don't worry about it being illegal. I doubt they turn you in. Oh, the Tx law is a black eye to us all.

Thank you KC I appreciate your answer. I will keep that in mind. Not happening tomorrow or anything but it's just good info to have when the time comes :)

Thank you again!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0