• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bj_ba

Same last name problems

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

10 posts in this topic

We are from a small town and have the same last name. I am curious as to wether or not any one else has had this issue and if anyone can give some advice on this. We are not married and our family does not know, although I think they might be suspicious.

We are from a small town and have the same last name. I am curious as to wether or not any one else has had this issue and if anyone can give some advice on this. We are not married and our family does not know although I think they might be suspicious.

Why do you have to say your real last names to people though?

nessa76

My cousin and I share the same last name it isn't much of an issue though since we live in a big city but it was kind of funny when I had my daughter and the hospital called and was asking about some of the paperwork, the woman thought I filled it out wrong because I put that we weren't married yet we had the same last name lol.

Yeah I could see how that would be a funny conversation lol. Thank you both for your input.

Yeah I could see how that would be a funny conversation lol. Thank you both for your input.

Your welcome, it's what this cousincouples website is for helping people :smiley:

nessa76

we live in a super small town, too! My cousin-bf actually has the same last name as my mom, and it is not a common one either.  it can be awkward, so i try to avoid last names when possible.  I also use a fake last name on social media.  we have certainly caused some head-scratching over the years, but only ONCE has someone put two and two together in conversation ("wait...wouldn't that make you....cousins???"). Oh well.

Same last name?  Big whoop-de-doo.  Believe it or not, there are a large but finite number of family names in any ethnic group and in most countries.  I recently found that my last name is the 529th most popular surname in the United States.  The possibility of being actually related to some random person with the same last name approaches the infinitessimal--i.e., there's about one chance in a bazillion, unless you actually are related closely enough to know it.  If somebody says, "But you have the same last name!" the answer is just "Yeah, what are the chances?  Isn't that a hoot?" 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0