Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RiversJewel

This Community

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

8 posts in this topic

I've read so many posts from the shadows here. I registered with the site today to say Thank You! To the creators and everyone here. It felt like a very lonely battle until I found this web site. I'm almost in tears thinking about everyone's trials just to be with the person they love. I've been ostracized from my family with claims of selfishness, immorality and basically being a horrible person, simply because I love someone they believe I shouldn't.

I read about the connections between couples here and it is the same with us. There is something amazing wonderful happening! Something neither of us are going to give up to appease those of closed mind and hearts.

I'm 46. He's 36. We weren't raised together and 20 years had gone past that we didn't see each other. Both of us were married to others, had 2 sons and divorced. (4 sons between us) We have since realized we both dreamed of each other and thought of each other more than often. We admitted that we both had a strange jealous feeling looking at photos of family we shared in holiday cards. We connected via social networking and a year and some later, we're married (spiritual marriage ceremony). We'll likely be legally wed in Hawaii though. I have a home in Oregon and we close on our new home in Missouri on Friday!  (of all states to reside in...sheesh)

Our sons are all great with it. Our ex's are even ok with it. Anyone that sees us together are often envious of what we have together but the rest of the family have passed judgement and found us less than human. Our friends and those that know us are very happy for us.

We have a saying; "Of course it's you!" ...that one person that has the everything you knew existed but lost hope of believing in. Yes, it's him.

Of course it's him.

what a great looking couple ya'll are! i'm glad you decided to join us. hopefully once you two have tied the knot, the naysayers will find someone else to condemn and leave ya'll alone :)

Congratulations on standing your ground!!

Great looking couple.

Stick around and join us, this is a nice place to hang out and find friends!!

RiversJewel,

Sorry if I'm bringing this back to the top after several days, but I've been without internet for a while, and just saw this as I was catching up. I'd like to say congrats too. I also find it hard to believe you are 10 years older than him, you two look to be about the same age to me!!! As a former (well, possibly STILL) "older woman" aficionado, tell the boy I said he's done very well........very well indeed M'Dear....... :laugh:

Oh, and welcome to the neighborhood once you get settled in MO. I'm actually across the river in IL.

i am also face this problem..  i m confused what i should choose either my family or my love.. plz anyone can help me to sort out this problem accordng to the right path,

thank u..

I would just like to take the time to also say hi to the community, this is my first post too, and to congratulate you. I read your story and clicked your photo and when I saw you both immediately a funny feeling came over me and tears suddenly started welling in my eyes... wow

All the best to you  :azn:

Nice- Who cannot support happiness? - The selfish.

Good luck and I gotta say that posting your photo is courageous.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0