Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Candacebarnett24

Family attacks

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

5 posts in this topic

My first cousin and I got married last October. We slowly told our family we were dating and at first we got thrown to the dogs. Now they have came around and have excepted the fact that we are married and happy. However it seems like every time one of us has a disagreement with one of our siblings or aunts or even one of our other cousins. They like to throw in our face that we are cousins and married as if our opinions font matter just because we are cousins and married.... Does anyone else out there have this issue??? Its like we are alone . We haven't shared all of our friends that we are cousins. I guess we just don't want to be thrown away. However we are so in love and both his kids and mine have grown past it and love us. But family causes confusion with the harsh words

We haven't told our family yet, but I'm sorry you are going through this. You aren't alone. I have lots of anxiety thinking about our family knowing. Keep your head up!

candace, how old are the family members doing that? my goodness, they act like they're in junior-high. (called middle school these days.) and i think if i were you, the next time they did that, i'd respond exactly that way.... look at them incredulously and say "what grade are you in again?" and then dismiss them as though THEIR opinions don't count.

Candace were the same... I married ro my frst cousin..its only civil wedding. Duringbthe wedding the judge ask me and my cousin that how we related coz the name of his mother and my mother sounds sister...hehehe...we both replied no..and the weddig continues hehehe...from the start its really hard especially both families disagree. But after i gave birth for my first child the accept me and.my cousin open arms and now we live happily and 3 kids already families to familes and his friend and my friend know it all..

Hey Candace,

My wife and I (first cousins), recieved a little flack from some of our family at first. We have been married for four years and it really only comes up when there is a joke to be had (usually by me). All of our close friends know and most of our casual friends know. The only friend that ever made a rude comment was one of my wife's friends saying that she was surprised that our son was normal...

We have twelve children between us and non of them have had problems with friends/bullies because of our relation.

In the end, if your love is strong and you have a sense of humor it will work out just fine. The family will come around. It's probably a shock to them and will take a while, but patience and love will prevail in the end.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0