Sun Walker

Got the date!

14 posts in this topic

My wonderful cousin and I have the date worked out for our wedding. Friday, October 16th this year. October can't get here fast enough.

We have a few other things to line up before then, but we have plenty of time to get everything ready.

Congratulations. Please post pictures! :)

We're wondering if we should get a JOP or try a church wedding. The JOP might be the way to go, since not all churches approve of gays marrying.

i thought this was a cousin marriage.

please, if this is a gay cousin marriage, don't be one of those activists who think christians should forfeit their religious freedom for the sake of your convenience. a JP would work just fine.  but even then... why not give WHOEVER is going to officiate the courtesy of ASKING them how they feel. it ticks me off that christians, (preachers or non-preachers) are being forced to go against their beliefs. if you simply were to tell whoever you were asking to officiate that you'd prefer to have someone who PERSONALLY supported gay marriage, it might set a new trend. a respectable trend.

well, ok, i'm not naive enough to think such a trend would catch on. but you'd be behaving better than most of society these days.

We are a gay cousin couple, yes. We would never ask anyone to change or give anything up, especially anyone with a religious institution, and people who get mad because someone doesn't want to do it because of a difference in beliefs are terrible. "Oh, you don't want to marry gay people? I think I should sue you." That directly opposes separation of church and state, in my opinion, having the state force a church or other house of worship to do something they don't want to.

We have gone to a few churches nearby to ask if they could marry us when the date comes up, and so far all of them have said no, simply because we are gay. What I kind of liked was that they were all polite in their refusals. If we can't find a church to wed us, we'll just go with the JOP. And yes, we will make sure they're okay with marrying us. I know legally, they're obliged to, but one thing my cousin has stood by is everyone's right to their own opinion, even if it conflicts with her own and I stand by her 100% on that.

We're going to another church today to ask them. Here's hoping they say yes :)

it's refreshing these days to find homosexuals who aren't driven by agenda :)

I can't believe our luck! We actually found a church to wed us! It isn't our regular, but at least they'll do it. They don't want us letting out details about what church it is, I'm guessing because they don't want too many people to hear of them marrying gays.

Whatever the case, we found one. My cousin says she's going to give me the wedding of my dreams. October can't get here fast enough <3

Congrats Sun Walker for your wedding day. Equal rights for everyone is the way it should be, your lucky to have found a church to do the wedding  :smiley:

In the year 2015 things have moved on compared to years ago, so all the best for the future with your Cousin

nessa76

Yes! Only two more weeks! We got an attorney to take care of the paperwork, and most of that is done already. I'll be taking her name :)

So close! I can hardly wait.

With the way time is going lately, 2 weeks will be here before you know it!

So, congrats and keep us informed after the wedding if you can!

nessa76

One week away!

Everything's all set up for this upcoming friday, all of the paperwork is done, the church and the wedding planner have talked and everything should be set up and ready to go there on friday. All it is now is waiting.

Everything was exactly the way I had dreamed it would be. All of the dresses, the arrangements, the banquet hall where we had the reception, everything. The moment we kissed, I felt like I was lighter than air.

We spent the night last night at home, but we're leaving for our honeymoon this evening. I'll try to get some photos up soon.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead