• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aries96

How to tell your cousin you like them & family about it?

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

How to tell your cousin you like them & family about it?  

1. 1. How to tell your cousin you like them & family about it?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 posts in this topic

So I need advice. All day today I have been searchibg up on dating second cousins and then I just came across this. A couple days ago I came back from vacation and during that time I met a a new cousin who is only a year older. I never met him in my life  and neither have my parents since he is my dads first cousin. and at first it was whatever but then the last 2 weeks we became closer. This is the first time ive developed feelings for a cousin and it seems as if he has feelings too because a lot of flirting has been going on. Especially now that I left. My question is how do I go about telling him. Like how do I start off the conversation rather than making it awkward right away & how would I tell my own family about it because my mom is honestly the kind who finds it disgusting. I'm stuck on wether to follow my heart or just drop it and push him away.

If he is your dad's first cousin then he is your first cousin once removed not second cousin. It would be second

cousin if he was the son of your dad's first cousin.

I don t have any advice for you at this time mostly because a little more information would help.

Like your ages and general location.

There may be someone else that will chime in with more.

If he is your dad's first cousin then he is your first cousin once removed not second cousin. It would be second

cousin if he was the son of your dad's first cousin.

I don t have any advice for you at this time mostly because a little more information would help.

Like your ages and general location.

There may be someone else that will chime in with more.

From what i understood is that's what he is because his mom is my grandma's sister. At least thats how ive always been taught. However what exactly does that mean though? I've never heard of a first cousin once removed till now  But I am 19 & he's 20. I stay in the U.S while he's in Mexico. I plan on going back again in October & December due to a baptism and wedding out there. My dad left there when he was 14 which is why neither my dad nor mother know him cause he was born way after. I dont know what other information you may need besides that.

The removed part is a generational thing.  He and your dad are first cousins. If he had a son, that son would be your second cousin.

Not sure that is very clear.

I ask your ages because if you were both say very young teens, the advice would be very different from

advice for some one older.   Best advice is to find Hawk's "broken record speech". Just search for Hawk

in the members and look for his narrative.  Not all of it may apply to you but you can get some good

ideas and information that may be helpful.

As far as letting him know you are interested, you can always at some point in conversation use the old

"If you weren't my cousin..." line. If you weren't my cousin I would date you, or some such ending that

feels comfortable to you. If he seems hesitant or shocked you always have an out by saying  I said IF.

As far as the laws on marriage pertaining to your locations, you would need to do some research or

ask on here for some one who knows more than I do about that and can guide you to the best sources fo

iinformation.

Best wishes.

The removed part is a generational thing.  He and your dad are first cousins. If he had a son, that son would be your second cousin.

Not sure that is very clear.

I ask your ages because if you were both say very young teens, the advice would be very different from

advice for some one older.  Best advice is to find Hawk's "broken record speech". Just search for Hawk

in the members and look for his narrative.  Not all of it may apply to you but you can get some good

ideas and information that may be helpful.

As far as letting him know you are interested, you can always at some point in conversation use the old

"If you weren't my cousin..." line. If you weren't my cousin I would date you, or some such ending that

feels comfortable to you. If he seems hesitant or shocked you always have an out by saying  I said IF.

As far as the laws on marriage pertaining to your locations, you would need to do some research or

ask on here for some one who knows more than I do about that and can guide you to the best so urges fo

iinformation.

Best wishes.

Just wanted to thank you for the advice and give you an update. I spoke to him on the phone today and at first I was hesitant, but it turns out he has feelings too. So we're going to see how things go before speaking to the family. I already spoke to my grandmother (my moms mother) and surprisingly she is being supportive. But again thank you!

You are welcome!!

Please keep us updated to any progress!!

Best wishes.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0