• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Steve

Attracted to my cousin? Need Advise

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

4 posts in this topic

So, I have always been a little attracted to my cousin Cassie. The Thing is... im not sure if its my first cousin, second, or what.

My father is adopted. and his adopted sister had 2 kids.

These 2 kids had kids

and im attracted to one of their kids who is 25

So.. my father (who was adopted) sisters, sons, daughter???

Anyways... I wanted to know if you guys think that is wrong for me to be attracted to her?

To answer your question about the "relatedness", if I read correctly, I think you are first cousins once removed.

You and your aunt's children would be first cousins and their children would be your first cousin once removed.

Is it wrong for you to be attracted to her, in a word NO. But there is something called

age to take into consideration. You said she is 25, but didn't give your age.  Sounds like you

are both old enough to make your own decisions.   And if need be, check out the legalese of the

place you live to make sure there are no problems there.

After all this site is called cousincouples for a reason!!

Best wishes.

Are your father and his "adopted" sister actual blood relatives?  If so, you still have no problem.  If they are not blood relatives, you and your "cousin" are not related.

Nat

Steve,

Legally, you're probably fine. There ARE a handful of States that the verbiage prohibits anything closer than second cousins. If you are in one of those States, then you have to look for specific verbiage that usually says something to the effect of "either by the whole blood, half blood, or adoption." Not all of them include by adoption.

As a mod, I can have a peek to see which State you're in, but, at this point, I don't have the time to do so. Maybe later this evening, I'll have a look, check the statute where you are, and give you as definitive an answer as we can here, not being lawyers, and not giving legal advice. I'm going to venture a guess though that there's ~85% chance you're fine legally to pursue this.

That said, I assume you can tell by my reply as to whether or not I think it's wrong to be attracted to her......

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0