• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
LadyC

interesting...

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

8 posts in this topic

i've recently switched browsers. i'm now using aviator, which is identical to chrome only it has a built in ad blocker and doesn't allow any tracking, blocks cookies by default, basically has a bunch of security features built in so that your browsing is more secure and a whole lot more pleasant without all those pesky ads.

one of the features it comes with is "disconnect". disconnect is always on, and it shows how many sites are trying to track you through the site you are visiting. (you can choose to allow or block those sites individually).

this is one of the very few sites i've ever been on that has NO other sites trying to obtain any info. so that means it's like one of the most private sites ever! (well, not counting the web crawlers and search bots that crawl through on a regular basis).

i just thought i'd share that.

oh and i'm curious about something. when we hit the enter button to make a line break, it appears that it's giving paragraph spacing.... at least until you hit submit. once you hit submit, the line break disappears and you end up with no paragraph break.

like this. see? as i'm typing it, there appears to be white space between the previous part and this part. what's up with that? i gotta train myself to double-space!

Testing line1

Line2

Line2

Two lines

One

Two

Three

Skipped a line

Seems to work for me. Hmmm I'm using Netscape.

Mine has been doing that  forever!!

Thought that was normal! But look who is typing this!! LOL

It may just be the quick reply thingee.

It seems to be better in the regular editor. There is also (the last button) that lets you toggle between raw html and wysiwyg (sp)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor