• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest forsakenwriter

Is my cousin in love with me?

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

5 posts in this topic

My cousin and I haven't always been close until this last summer when he came to visit. Something changed. My mother always joked that maybe he is cousin crushing. I laughed and shrugged it off. Now I am not so sure she was wrong. Actually I think she is right.

He lives in a different state so we only chat through text or phone calls. It has become a regular thing for us to call or text 24/7. I don't find this irregular at all because my closest friends are my cousins. But then he started joking about us being boyfriend and girlfriend or getting married or that I am the only person he needs in his life.

I persuade these thoughts by bringing up his crush or that one day he will find someone who will be his number one. He always changes it back to me being his number one.

As I write this, I remember him telling me he wished we weren't cousins. I thought nothing of it because he likes to joke all the time. I replied, "We wouldn't know each other if we weren't."

Sometimes I wonder if he really means these jokes about us. Sometimes he says things that assure he is just joking but then he makes jokes (sexual in nature) that inform me otherwise. I have told him a few times that he should stop joking about us being a couple or being married but it still seems to sneak its way to the surface. I don't mind it most of the time but I worry that if he continues to act this way towards me, he will miss out on someone else.

I am not for sure.  I don't mind joking around with him.  We talk so easily with each other and we tell each other everything.  I love talking to him and it's nice to have someone always there for me and knows what is going on in my life. 

See, my family has always been open about sex and we joke about it all the time.  So it's sort of normal to be joking about everything.  But sometimes I feel that my cousin is being serious and I shrug it off and continue joking because he makes it sound like a joke although I am pretty sure it wasn't meant to be.  And I love the fact that I mean so much to him because it makes me feel wanted and needed.  I am just in an iffy state where I just don't know right now.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0