• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest s

pm

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

3 posts in this topic

Hello all!  I know I'm not a member on this site but would anyone be willing to private message with me? I'm not so comfortable posting my cousin story on here. Thank you!

s,

I'm a mod here, and as far as I know, other than contacting one of us or the admins, I don't know how a guest would pm a member. Without your being a member, I'm not sure I could reply, other than perhaps by e-mail, which I rarely check.

Personally, I would encourage you to join, and share your story. You are (provided you do as recommended, and pick a random user name, and not your actual name, or the actual names of the other parties involved) quite anonymous here. As a mod, I can have a little peek and see where you are, but I only do so to see what State/Country you are in to try to determine your legal status. I can't see where your home address is, or anything as detailed as that, though it will always give a city. I take that with a grain of salt as well, because it shows me in the city either to the north of me or the one to the west of me. It doesn't matter anyhow. Which State is how the laws are varied. We aren't lawyers, and don't give legal advice, but, we do have a pretty good handle on the various laws, convoluted as they sometimes are.

If you're still nervous, create an account, and send me a pm. I'm not as active as I once was, but I do check in briefly at least every other day or so, even if I don't have time to log in and stay a while. I'm trying to talk myself into taking a few days off work to catch my breath, so, if you would like, I will take time to actually log in, and see if you have tried to contact me. I won't guarantee I will give you the advice you want to hear. I will do my best to give you the advice you need to hear. I've been flattered (and thereby, humbled) by other members for my advice at times. I've also laid a couple eggs in my time here. I like to say I'm not so good at telling you what to do specifically, but, at my age, and with all the crazy "stuff" I've done, I like to think I'm pretty good at telling you what NOT to do.  :evil: There are many many members who create an account, and never post their story openly, or post anything, for that matter.

Do not be scared of becoming a member here. You are anonymous here. You will, unless you choose otherwise at some later date, remain anonymous here. I have been here several years now, and have never openly said even my first name here, and have only once given a veiled reference to it in a reply to a member. A couple of the other mods and perhaps a couple of the admins know my name, but they're not talking either.  :wink:  I have said before, and I will openly repeat here again, I personally will destroy my hard drive and face the music for doing so, before I EVER release any confidential information I have about our members here. We've pretty much heard it all. Personally, I seriously doubt there's anything you would tell me that would shock me. I've lived an "interesting" life, lets say, and pretty much seen and done it all. At 53, I'm starting to physically pay for it now, but, If I die in my sleep tonight, I've had more fun than most people will ever be able to have if they live to be 106.

Join up, and drop me a line if you wish. You don't mention your gender, so, if you're female, I may direct you to Nat, Romalee, or LadyC for the "female touch" if I think their advice would be more appropriate. Remember, this site is here for information and advice. Your discomfort is either based on your own misconceptions, or the misconceptions of others around you. We can fix that, at least on your part, and, anyone else who is willing to learn the facts about cousin relationships....

Thanks so much for responding Hawk. From what I've seen on here you give some of the best advice and I definitely need someone to tell me what I don't necessarily want to hear. My cousin just has me scared that a certain family member might harm themselves if they found out and I just don't want to hurt anyone. I am going to try and get my thoughts together and see if I can't post my story on here.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0