• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FruitCup

Love works in strange ways...

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

4 posts in this topic

I'm a young girl and I'm in love with my second cousin. I fell in love with my second cousin when he came over for a visit. We started talking and now we are in love with each other and don't know what to do. He is just so amazing and every time I see him I cant help but smile. We always say we love each other and think about the things we could do together (cuddle, kiss, hold hands, etc.) but, we are so worried about what to do. We have had talks about what to do about the family and trying to be just friends but it never worked. I don't know what to do. I just want us to stay together for the rest of our lives but I'm afraid of my family. I mean I looked into our family relations and he doesn't even have a single cell that's close to mine. We are related due to a marriage and someone somewhere else had a kid with his moms uncle. Help us out please. At this point I'd be willing to do anything just to stay with him without hurting our family. Is there maybe a way to get them to understand?

someone had a kid with his mom's uncle? ok, i'm trying to figure this out. 

his mother's uncle had a kid, right? that kid would be HER first cousin. that same kid would be your beloved's first cousin once removed.

who is that kid? and what does that kid have to do with you? how are YOU related to that kid? i'm really confused.

ok here's what i want you to do for me. first, tell me how old you both are. it helps to know what kind of advice to give when we have ages.

second. i need you to make two columns on a sheet of paper. in one column, start with yourself, then put your mother (or father, whichever side of the family is related), then your grandparent, and your great grandparent.

in the next column i want you to do the same for him. put him, then his parent, then his grandparent, then his great grandparent.

next, i want you to draw a line between any two siblings across those columns. like, if your mother is the sibling of his mother, draw a line. or if his grandfather is the sibling of your mother, draw a line.

then if you can, take a picture of the whole diagram and upload it here for me. be sure when you're doing all that, you don't use actual names. use initials if you want, or just label people 'my mom, his mom' etc. 

hopefully just going back as far as great grandparents will be enough for me to decipher the diagram and figure out any kinship. don't add any other people though, unless you are just going back further (like to a great-great-grandparent).

I'm sorry about the confusion. My mother married my step dad and then had 2 kids together. They then divorced but recently got back together dating wise. My step dads mother has a sister and that sister is his moms mom (his grandmother). That is the first way I am related to him. The second way is that my moms sister had a child with his grandmothers brother. This child is my first cousin making her, his aunt and him my second cousin. If I were to draw a diagram of our parents, grandparents, great grandparents, none of the lines would match up. Does this mean we should have no problem with a normal life? And how would we go about telling our family about our love? And to answer your question I am 16 and he is 17. I do love my family but in the while we have been together and how much more we fall in love with each other each day its starting to worry us on how our family is going to react. I know we are still young but I honestly see my entire future with him and I've never felt this way with anyone. He is my other half, my best friend, the love of my life. The first and only person who has made me feel like I don't have to pretend to be someone I'm not. I love him.

FruitCup

If I'm following this correctly, you two would be step-second cousins. Since regular second cousins are legal in all 50 States, and pretty much world wide so far as we know, there is nothing legally stopping you two. HOWEVER, at 16 and 17, I'm going to link you to another recent thread I posted my infamous "broken record speech to young members" in. Take the advice and adjust it as needed to your particular situation, but do try to follow the high points.

http://www.cousincouples.com/forum/index.php/topic,8022.0.html    Scroll down the replies to mine, and, go ahead and read the other replies as well.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0