• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jdroox

Jdroox, split from other topic

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

3 posts in this topic

Hello my name is jaden and my second cousin is named genesis.i just met her and we spent quite some time together  . I am 15 and she is 13 going on 14 . I really like her and although I thought the feelings would pass ,the haven't. I'm not going to be able to see her for a while until her birthday.i want to find a way to discreetly ask her if she likes me . Or at least get over it . I've tried everything from turn downs (to seeing a cousin ) .to just trying to forget .nothing seems to be working plus I don't  want her  her to hate me or think I'm gross.not to mention I don't want to cause any family drama

Jdroox,

I'm going to ask LadyC or one of the other admins to split this off to its own thread, so as to not hijack this one.

In the meanwhile, look around to some of my recent posts to younger members. You will find reference to what has come to be known around here as "Hawks broken record speech to young members." These recent members were slightly older than you two IIRC, but, the basics remain the same.

Once upon a time, I typed out a rather windy, but (IMHO) thorough encapsulation of my thoughts on the matter, which I submitted to the admins and mods for their critique. I had some feedback, but never got around to editing it accordingly. I actually poked around to see if I could find it, and it does still exist. I'm working 10hr shifts right now, so, I don't have a lot of time to do a major re-write of the thing. But, I will try very soon to work on it, resubmit it, and see if we can have it as a sticky, for our young members, guests, and lurkers.

Do stick around, read all the information on the main page, read through as much of the "Help/Advice" section of the forum as is still available, (we had a major overhaul not real long ago, and much is archived, but no longer available on site) and try to get the gist of what I and others recommend for younger folks such as yourself.

(done, by the way... just in case anyone didn't notice that i split it as requested!)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0