Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nessa76

Making a beef casserole in my slow cooker!

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

10 posts in this topic

It smells divine, going to eat it tomorrow.

Onions, green peppers, mushrooms, potatoes, chilli beans, chilli tomatoes, beef and a spicy gravy (rosemary, thyme & mixed spice) yummy :)

nessa76

with the exception of the shrooms, it sounds yummy!

i picked up 9 lbs of ground chuck reduced for quick sale at the store... so i've spent half the day making different things for the freezer. three pounds of hamburger patties, 3 lbs of sloppy joe (from scratch of course), and 3 lbs of southwestern meatloaf.

i had recently picked up a bunch of roasted hatch chiles at whole foods market when they were doing their annual hatch chile fest. so my meatloaf is a brand new recipe... if you can call it a recipe. i just make it up as i go along. i made it like this the other night and we all loved it. i mixed the meat with eggs (of course) and bread crumbs, and a bunch of homemade pico de gallo, some chopped up roasted hatch chiles, and some of mark's homemade bbq sauce (a recipe handed down from his grandfather). mix all the stuff together, lay out the loafs, dig a trench down the middle, fill with cheddar cheese, then seal up the loaf over the cheese. after it cooks, i'll top it with a little more of the bbq sauce. it was so good last week that i bragged on it to my daughter, (ashlea) who begged me to make it again when they come visit in two weeks. so now it's made, all i gotta do is pull it out of the freezer!

Sounds delicious, I've never had meatloaf before but I'm sure it was tasty. Cooking is part of imagination anyway, makes something unique using your own recipe than everyone else's!

nessa76

meatloaf can be really yummy or really nasty. mine are usually yummy, but this one was the best ever! wish you could come visit, i'd share some with ya :)

interesting! i don't own a bread machine. i think some people have been known to cook them in crock pots. but ya know, the cooking time is only about 45 minutes in an oven, so if you make them in advance and freeze them, it doesn't take long! i guess if you work outside the home though, slow cooking would be a good idea. just seems that it would be cooking in it's own grease that way. i always bake mine on a roasting pan so the grease drains off.

Tastes better than it looks Lol I'm not one with this for presentation, I couldn't wait to get stuck in lol

nessa76

i'm lousy with presentation either. in fact one time i thought Oh wow, i should take a picture of this! and i did.... it was a really phenomenal gooey 5-cheese grilled sandwich with freshly fried tortilla chips and homemade salsa... and with one big bite already taken out of the sandwich LOL.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0