• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LadyC

My quest for a low carb FLUFFY pancake is over!

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

6 posts in this topic

finally! i've been searching for a fluffy low carb (for my weight loss) diabetic friendly (for mom) pancake recipe. for three days we've had pancakes. they all tasted good, but yesterday and the day before, flavor just wasn't enough to overcome the flatness. i wanted fluffy.

so today i re-tried the first recipe (because it tasted the best and used the fewest ingredients). only instead of throwing it all together and blending it with a stick blender, i decided to whip the egg whites first and then fold in the rest. the result? awesome! (only i may have whipped them too stiff LOL) 

so in case anyone is interested... this fed four people, and we're all stuffed. here's what we did for breakfast:

six egg whites (i'll tell ya what to do with the yolks in a minute)

2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder

1 tsp cinnamon (optional).

i whipped the whites, folded in the rest, and then pretty much had to scoop spoonfuls of "batter" onto the hot griddle. once one side was browned, i flipped them and then smashed them so that they'd resemble a pancake instead of a ball LOL. ok, i think next time i'll whip the whites a little less. i was overly ambitious. i think soft peaks should have been my goal.  they're yummy even without anything at all on them. but i still put butter and sugar-free syrup on mine. It made 16 smallish pancakes, so 4 each.  that comes out to a little more than 1 carb per pancake.

so that i didn't waste the yolks, i beat all six of them with two more whole eggs, and scrambled them with some sausage and topped with cheese. 

it was really a very good breakfast! and when i can make something low carb that my mom and husband and nephew all give a thumbs up to, it's a good day! 

Glucomannan capsules are good also for weight loss. Makes one feel fuller quicker, so they eat less. That helps the weight loss apparently.

Glad the pancakes tasted good, I might try these myself, photo's will be put on here if I do make them!

nessa76

i've tried them a few times today and finally have the technique down. and doing it properly also allows me to cut the recipe in half.

3 egg whites, beaten til fluffy and NOT forming peaks... then gently fold in 1 scoop vanilla protein powder and 1 T or more of cinnamon until it's blended. pour a little batter on the griddle and watch those puppies rise! quick and easy, super fluffy.

i do pretty well with weight loss just eating a high fat, low carb diet. i was doing better before i discovered bryer's carb-smart ice cream bars and learned to make almond-flour chocolate chip cookies. still, even with the fact that those goodies have caused my weight to stall, i've still lost 15 lbs in four months... i actually lost it in two months. then summer (and cookies and ice cream) happened.

That's good that you can make low carb stuff to help you lose weight. I guess it's better than having to pop capsules down, 3 times a day!

I put weight on a little through quitting smoking. I have had a feeling of guilt with what I eat, I think though I'd feel like that having a cigarette now Lol

nessa76

haha, you should have seen me when i quit smoking. that was six years ago now. my substitute vice for a few months was to make a ritual of getting out a big waffle cone, filling it up with orange or lime or pineapple sherbet, then stacking two more dips on top, and then slowly enjoying every lick until i get down to the cone, and then nibbling it. i did that about 5 times a day.  and yes, i packed on the pounds.

That's crazy, but normally when one smokes they Don't have an appetite or at least a great one. Appetite comes back whilst quitting haha

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's binged, my mom was the same but unfortunately she's back to smoking again!

nessa76

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0