• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LadyC

i'm craving....

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

13 posts in this topic

chocolate chip cookies.

unfortunately, the low carb ones i make (which taste every bit as yummy as regular ones...) are made with almond flour. and i'm too darn broke to afford to go buy almond flour, because it costs $10+ per pound!

$10+ is expensive for almond flour, mind you food over here is getting more expensive through the government!

I bought liquorice allsorts for my cravings, I shouldn't had done though they've addictive Lol

nessa76

i need to buy a small food processor. i've heard that sunflower seed flour is a good substitute for almond flour, but i'd have to process it myself. i can get sunflower seeds (already shelled) for 1.50/lb.  i might be able to make cookies all the time that way!

yeah. and cayenne pepper. i always add cayenne and cinnamon to my chocolate chip cookies. (i add it to my hot cocoa during the winter too!) just gives it that extra little YUM :D

Cayenne pepper will give the cookies and hot cocoa a kick of spice. Last winter over here wasn't that cold, thankfully!

I love cinnamon, nice flavour too in baking.

nessa76

yeah. and cayenne pepper. i always add cayenne and cinnamon to my chocolate chip cookies. (i add it to my hot cocoa during the winter too!) just gives it that extra little YUM :D

I see I'm not the only one who adds pepper to their hit chocolate :)

I always use cayenne in hot chocolate too.  I make the chocolate with water instead of milk - cuts the calories.

Try using a small food processor to make oak flour from steel cut oats.

HUGS

Nat

i don't worry about calories so much. i'm more concerned with sugars and carbs. i used to have a homemade cocoa mix that was low carb and sugar free. i need to try to find it again. these days i'm experimenting with sugar-free chocolate syrup and heavy cream.

i bought a spice grinder and started making sunflower flour. that works out pretty well. not a big fan of oatmeal cookies so i keep thinking that oat flour would taste kinda like that in my cookies. maybe not. and maybe it's more the texture of oatmeal cookies that i hate. not sure! i'll think on that one!

Right now, I'm craving something fried. I think I'll make some fried chicken for sis and myself.

i was craving pizza. so i took a low carb (mission brand) tortilla, heated it over a a gas burner, spread a little pizza sauce on it, added some cheese and pepperoni and jalapeno and onion, put it in the oven to melt the cheese and heat it all up, and enjoyed the heck out of it!

i've thought about making cauliflower crust a few times! i've actually discovered that veggie is fairly decent as a sub for so many things. but the tortillas are so darn quick and easy to use! probably not as tasty though, and certainly not as healthy.... i'm still thinking on trying it though! especially now that i've heard from someone who has and who recommends it!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0