• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mustang4379

Family relation

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

4 posts in this topic

Just a quick question on family relation to my girlfriend. We have always been referred to as first cousins, because my dad and her dad are brothers. But, they are actually half brothers (same mother, different father) from two separate marriages. If I understand it all correctly, that would make her and I half cousins wouldn't it?

yes, you are half cousins. that is an important thing to keep in mind, because it does change the genetic risks, and also makes a difference in some states when it comes to marriage laws.

Perfect, thank you for the answer, that was what I thought. I'm 43 and she is 38, we both have kids already from previous marriages so having more kids is completely off the table anyway. We live in Arizona so the laws are a little ambiguous, but better as far as half cousins are concerned rather than first cousins. Neither of us are really looking to get married again anytime soon, but it's good knowledge to have if we changed our minds at some future date to at least know where everything stands. Thank you again. :-)

glad i could be of help! on a side note, my daughter and her family are moving to AZ next week. i'm heartbroken.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0