• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
csg

Pastor married to his cousin

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

3 posts in this topic

-- Sorry for bad english, I'm brazillian.

My story is not interesting (I had a crush on my pretty cousin, but nothing came out of it. The End. LOL), what I really want to tell is the story of a couple that I know, J (a pastor) and his cousin M.

Many many years ago, when J was still a single man and a seminarist, J's cousin M tried to set up J and one of her friends to go to some church dinner. But he told her he wanted HER to go with him, not her friend. She at first said she was very mad with him, but he said to her "ok, so I'll go with your friend", then she changed her mind LOL They started to date and eventually married. All of their children and grandchildren are 100% healthy.

How do I know their personal story? Am I his grandson or a member of their family? Nope. I used to be a member of his church (and it's a very big church, like one thousand members), and he told this story more than once in the pulpit! I mean, here a pastor is not ashamed to tell hundreds of people that he is married to his cousin, while in the United States cousin marriage isn't even legal in all states. There's even a (half-dirty) joke in my country "prima não é parente, é presente" that means "cousin (refering to a female cousin) is not a relative, it's a gift". Of course, there is always someone who will hate on cousins, but it's not common to find that someone. I feel sorry for the prejudice you guys face, and wish american society would treat you with half the respect that they treat gay couples nowadays.

cute story! and thanks for your input. i also wish we could be treated with half the respect that gays are treated with. but ya know, God is no respecter of persons... and yet WE have His approval, even if gays have the world's approval. i'd rather have God's than the world's.

as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0