• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
APersonInLove

In a tough spot

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

7 posts in this topic

So my cousin(20) and I(23) have been really close since are teens around me being 16. She lived far away, but I always tried to communicate with her.I fell hard for her when she was 16, but I was terrified to tell her. She ended up getting pregnant at 17 by her boy friend at the time. I still talked but she seemed happy with boyfriend so I held my feelings in.(horrible idea)As time went on they went there separate ways. I had moved farther away.

Sadly my other cousin passed and we all got together for his funeral. In the middle of the grieving I saw my cousin and spent time with her. Soon after being around her for a little bit I had realized that I still loved her. The funeral taught me that time is valuable. I recently expressed my feelings to her and much to my surprise she didn't push me away or say gross. I think she is still trying to figure out how she feels for me. It was three days ago from posting. I'm giving her time and just trying to stay connected with her.

The problem is though, her mother my aunt overheard us. So I'm nervous that instead of coming up with her answer in her own words, her mom will coerce her into saying no. I also don't want her immediate family to leave her. They help with so much in her life, but I love her to the point of not giving up. Any advice for guy in a hard spot.

hopefully she will not let her mother have a negative influence on how she feels. there is always a chance, though, that the mother will be supportive and have a positive influence!

it seems that funerals are a very common place for cousin couples to connect and discover (or rediscover) feelings for one another. 

hopefully she will not let her mother have a negative influence on how she feels. there is always a chance, though, that the mother will be supportive and have a positive influence!

it seems that funerals are a very common place for cousin couples to connect and discover (or rediscover) feelings for one another.

I agree 100% about Funerals, that's how it was with me with mine. Had nothing to do with being in an emotional state or being emotionally confused.

That's why having time is good to know how one truly feels!

nessa76

I found a lot of the information on this site to be incredible helpful. My cousins family is very Christian, so knowing that bible never states cousin marriage as a abomination or anything is something that helps me out. A lot of it I think is the ick factor that is based only in a stigma and exaggerated outdated science. I really love her and though I hope she feels the same I'm glad to still be talking to her. She is my best friend. :-) I appreciate what this site has to offer!

I found a lot of the information on this site to be incredible helpful. My cousins family is very Christian, so knowing that bible never states cousin marriage as a abomination or anything is something that helps me out. A lot of it I think is the ick factor that is based only in a stigma and exaggerated outdated science. I really love her and though I hope she feels the same I'm glad to still be talking to her. She is my best friend. :-) I appreciate what this site has to offer!

That's something less to worry about since your cousin's family are Christians!

Good that your cousin still talks to you and she doesn't have the Ick feeling of being grossed out by it.

Good luck

nessa76

I felt like updating you guys since you all helped out. My cousin still speaks to me and we have a good relationship. Unfortunately she told me she couldn't because she started having feelings for someone else and I was her cousin. It sucks and it hurts,  but I'm glad we have a good relationship and I didn't lose her friendship. I still love her but I don't know what to do.

Did she say who this other guy is that she has feelings for?

Just that she might have feelings for him or she might just had said that for some other reason.

At least your still having a good relationship with each other though, even if it's as Cousin's!

nessa76

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor