• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Stan

Double cousins

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

5 posts in this topic

Hey,

Does anyone have sound advice on the outcome of two cousins having children, when the guy is already the child of two cousins.

Any insight or help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Stan

You should go for genetic counselling, where you will be able to get a personal risk calculation. 

Imho, any couple planning on having children should do so, not just those who are cousins or children of a cousin union themselves.

Good luck!

Lori :)

Good advice Lori.

First, you are not double cousins. I am not convinced that there is an increased risk in this case. In some countries, 80 percent of the population STILL marry cousins. And their children marry cousins. I have no idea how this relates to increased birth defects, but I think it is minimal or perhaps nonexistent. I have been wondering about this for some time. If someone has seen stats on the effect of generations of cousin marriages, I would like to see it.

If you are concerned, please see this website: http://www.nsgc.org/

One can make a reasonable case that either Love or Cousins committed ... *Keep in mind that this double-foul scenario isn?t a declaration that Love and Cousins...

My cousin and I are first cousins. We had a beautiful baby boy. He just turned 1. We had no regrets. So go for it!!!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0