• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Guest Jay

What do you say when people ask?

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

8 posts in this topic

What is your response when people ask "How did you two meet?"? Whenever we get that question, we'll both kind of fumble a little.

"Oh, we have known one another for a long time." :laugh:

that's usually what we say but they always wanna know more especially since we are originally from two different states..

I would just say we met through mutual friends or something like that. I sometimes tell people that my boyfriend is my cousin's cousin because they assume I mean on the other side of her family but really, we are all cousins. LOL

that's a good one, really! never thought of that one. i usually just tell them straight out... although it's rare that we get asked that question these days. if i'm not comfortable telling them, i just say the 'other' part of the truth.... that our parents were close friends and that his parents were my godparents.

"We've known each other all our lives and ran into each other a couple of years ago.  It's been happily ever after since..."

I tell the truth, that we've known each other 10 years and met in high school. And thats where i leave it lol

You know what I say is that we knew each other when we were kids and reconnected later on. Many of my close friends know that my Husband is my cousin and they are all very accepting of that. But that's not always going to be the case, so this one has worked for me since it is true.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor