• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Adam

Family and Legal Issues

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

3 posts in this topic

So I'm not really sure how or where to start so I'm just going to jump right in.

I have recently (approx 4 months ago) found out that my first cousin and I have secretly loved each other for the last 25 years, but we were both to scared to admit it to each other. Fortunately for me I finally grew a pair and acted upon my feelings and suspicions that she felt the same way. Now we have developed a relationship that has gone far beyond anything I could have ever hoped or dreamed about.

Now comes my problems and I'm hoping I can get some answers or at least pointed in the right direction.

1: I was previously married and have 3 awesome boys, my ex-wife knows about my feelings for my cousin and has threatened me that if i pursue my cousin by moving in together she will take me to court and have my children taken away and that they will not be allowed to live with me like the original agreement stated.

2: I have done some research and although WV and OH Prohibit marriage I can find nothing on cohabitation or sexual relations other than wiki and no offense but I don't exactly trust wiki with my kind of problems.

So although I want to marry her someday I am perfectly content for now to simply share our lives together so I will cross that bridge at a later date .

We cannot give you legal advice.  You need to consult an attorney.  Good luck and best wishes.  

Please keep us updated on how things go for you.

HUGS

Nat

search the laws in your states for what constitutes incest. (better yet, have an attorney search the laws.) just because a state prohibits marriage doesn't mean it defines it as incest. if your states DO define it as such, your ex might be able to make a case.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0