• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RKLO2012

Wedding ideas?

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

4 posts in this topic

Long time reader, first time poster.

My cousin and I are moving in together soon.  We are doing some ring shopping and such.  The hardest part for me right now is trying to come up with a respectful wedding idea or plan.  We dated for about two years off an on.  We have a gorgeous little girl who is the apple of her eye and has me wrapped around her finger for sure.  The issue is that all of our friends and family believed, and it was for a while, that our relationship was over.  We tried that and it simply did not work.  We just make each other too happy to even be fair to anyone else we tried to date.  So we said screw it and we are going to get married.  How on earth do we plan this out? LOL.  I mean sure we could run to the courthouse and be done with it but would that be more disrespectful than inviting those we care about?  Really I am not concerned with the pomp and circumstance of a wedding but I do want her to have a special day that she will be happy with.  Not sure how special it would be to set up a wedding and not have anyone there or to be so simple as to have a judge do it.  Then again I do not want the family to feel even more slighted by us not inviting them.  Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

what does SHE want? you and she are the only ones who need to be considered in terms of respectfulness. if you want to get married on an exotic beach somewhere with only your daughter and a few locals to witness it, then go get married on a honeymoon. (that was always my fantasy!) or if you want to get married in your living room with only your closest family, then do that. if you want to invite everybody you know, then do that and try not to count how many actually attend. 

seriously... why are you two trying to live your lives to suit other people? who cares what they think? you have a daughter. you do what's right by her. nobody else gets a say in this. just you, your cousin, your child. don't stress so much over this!

Fair enough.  i suppose I was trying to find a way to make it a pleasurable experience for all.  I think we are going to get married in a small ceremony here in CO then head on our honeymoon to the Bahamas.  Support from friends and family is always nice and certainly can make the tough times easier.  But at the end of the day it is our wedding and our future. 

My cousin and I are having a small, informal beach wedding in the spring.  We will probably only invite his mom and sisters and my college aged children.  Maybe my mom, but she's in her 80's and I'm just not sure about the logistics of her traveling.

We considered a courthouse wedding, but I wanted a special day; Not elaborate or expensive, but a beautiful ceremony to celebrate our love.  We waited a long time for this and it will be nice to have a special ceremony.

Don't worry about whose feelings will or won't be hurt.  A wedding is for you.  You two should do whatever will make you happy.  A small ceremony in CO with a honeymoon in the Bahamas sounds divine.  Congratulations!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0