Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest narendra

cousin marriage

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

4 posts in this topic

I love a girl who is my FATHERS - MOTHERS - SISTERS - SON - DAUGHTER.

we love eachother a lot jus a lot I hope you can understand we r in love from past 5 years but my parents and her parents are totally objecting for our marriage saying we r brother and sister can you pleas help me out pleas. thank you

narendra,

I've been taught to respect my elders, but, I must say, your parents are idiots. You two are SECOND cousins, NOT BROTHER AND SISTER. I really don't get how such outdated notions, based on outdated practices can hang on so stubbornly. How a people who generally have a high scientific aptitude can still believe such silliness is beyond me. You can go to the main page here, copy the facts, and show them, but, you'll be wasting your time. However, so far as we know, second cousins are legal to marry in India. ( I did have a little peek to see what country you were in, even though I didn't need to, considering the "cousin is your brother/sister" BS)

My advice? Find out for sure if second cousins can legally marry, then marry the girl, show them the facts, and a legal marriage certificate, then tell them the conversation on the matter is closed. Then, stick to your guns. Do not succumb to their drama and foolishness. Move to a different town if you have to, so you don't have to listen to it. Get away from their toxicity before it destroys you, your cousin, and your relationship.

to my knowledge i've never heard of a country that prohibited 2nd cousins from marrying. there is certainly nowhere in the united states or western civilizations that prohibits it.

Hi narendra,

I too have the same issue but in my case she got married and coming to the point it's not acceptable in India particularly south indan Tamil culture. Still I too confused but in north India it s accepted n marriages happening just lik that. If u need any help on this call my num s

phone number edited out by LadyC. please do not provide personal information like that publically, for your own safety.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0