• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nessa76

My Grandma has breast cancer!

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

9 posts in this topic

I just found out on Thursday that my Gran has breast cancer. It's a waiting game now to see where it's spread, hope she can be saved from it though, aged 86.

She has had a good life though but hope she lives longer but what will be, will be!

nessa76

sorry to hear that nessa. that's kinda scary. shatters my illusions... i always thought if someone made it that long without it, they weren't getting it. :(

sorry to hear that nessa. that's kinda scary. shatters my illusions... i always thought if someone made it that long without it, they weren't getting it. :(

Just goes to show that anyone can get it at any age! Her mother died of breast cancer, it is hereditary unfortunately!

nessa76

Just found out yesterday, the cancer hasn't spread. She is having the operation on the 18th of this month (December).

I'm so glad about that, my Grandma is strong so I'm sure she'll pull through :smiley:

nessa76

I'm very sorry nessa76 . My great grandmother won against breast cancer twice if it helps.  Also u can talk any time you need to.  I hope all towns out well for you and your family.  Blessed be.

Sincerely lovingher9497

I'm very sorry nessa76 . My great grandmother won against breast cancer twice if it helps.  Also u can talk any time you need to.  I hope all towns out well for you and your family.  Blessed be.

Sincerely lovingher9497

Thanks, winning breast cancer twice is good. My Gran will need a mastectomy, I dont think she likes the idea because its part of being feminine (a female). If it cures her from the cancer, it needs to be done!

nessa76

That's great news that it hasn't spread! :) My great aunt had a double mastectomy and they took fat from other parts of her body to replace them. I know it's different when it's happening to you but women are more than their breasts, hopefully being cancer free will outweigh her fears of being " less of a female ". Hope the surgery goes well and she has a quick recovery :)

Thanks quarter25, she is still a woman even after she has the mastectomy. Seems like Cancer is more common than one thinks, especially since its hereditary.

My Grandmas mother died of cancer, my other cousin she had cancer but she's cured now thankfully, chemotherapy.

They said with my Gran being 86 years of age, they're going ahead anyway even though she had a triple bypass years ago for her heart!

nessa76

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0