LostWithReason

is it just me...

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

7 posts in this topic

Or do holidays make things more difficult to cope with? Like it adds  extra stress to whatever you're already going through? I'm not a big fan of Christmas, and new years, but this is I am getting to see my cousin(that I am in love with) for the first time in two years. I am extremely nervous, and have been trying not to let myself get too stressed out over it. Anyway, happy holidays to yall. :)

the older i get, the more difficult christmas is to deal with anyway. nothing but stress. so yeah, i think it just piles it on top of whatever else you're going through.

christmas is still my favorite season though, but i've learned how to make it less stressful. minimal decorations. minimal gifts. maximum family. oh wait, that's stress.

relax and enjoy seeing your cousin :)

The older I get the less importance I put on decorating (this year I didn't even put up my small tree), gifts and cooking!

I would rather take the less stress free route. I did minimal gifts, mostly grandkids. checks or gift cards for kids. No baking

for friends. And since I am retired now no worry about doing something for any co-workers.  Hubby and I made mutual agreement

not to get anything for each other but spend funds on things for travel trailer and trips.

Would rather be with family and friends and do it stress free.

roma, last year my oldest decided we should start a holiday tradition of handmade or hand-me-down.

we remembered to get started on those handmade gifts about three weeks ago. and neither of us are very creative.

It is not just you. The holiday's can be stressful but make you feel happy at the same time too. It is usually the one time where we can reconnect with family we haven't seen for years or more. My ex boyfriend used to tell me that everyday should be "Christmas.....Valentine's day.. ..Thanksgiving etc" I really like this concept.

I'm sure you are very excited to see your cousin Lostwithreason.....please update us on how it goes. How long have you liked him? Does he live far away?

Actually being 1st cousins made it easy to decide who's family to spend the holidays with.

I gotta say this New Year's was very hard. emotional, but unexpectedly so. It was not only depressing to be alone on New Year's but also difficult to reflect upon the past year for me.

One good memory though is how on New Year's my cousin and I connected for the first time intimately some years ago. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead