• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fatherof12

cousin marriage can work

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

4 posts in this topic

Just thought I'd introduce myself....

My wife and I have been married for four years and we are first cousins. We don't even think about it that much and our relation is not really a factor in our relationship. Except when answering kin related questions at the OBGYN (we have two children together). In total we have twelve children which makes us an odd family to begin with.... Here is our story:

We met a few times growing up but never really connected because she is five years older then I. As adults we connected on FB and spent a great deal of time talking and became quite close. When she was going threw divorce I was there.When I was going threw a divorce she was there. We were each other's support system.

I wouldn't say it was love at first sight but more like we both felt we knew each other. The intimacy of this"knowing" was intoxicating. As we shared more of our selves with each other we grew closet then either of us thought was possible. Then one night that fateful moment when you realize the person you have grown to love, is everything you want in a mate, you trust completely, and share all the intimate details of your warped mind with, is also the one person you never want to live without.

Still, we are cousins, we will just be really close friends, companions....

Until passion entered the equation. I'm sure it was always there but held at bay by our preconceived notions of our forbidden love.

I could not imagine life without this amazing women by my side!

We decided to "come out" to our friends and family quickly so that we could live free from hiding. It was Ricky at first with some being supportive, some indifferent, and some against. In the end we have a normal relationship, normal high functioning and social children. We are active volunteers at the kids schools and in church. We generally love life each other and have probably become more tolerant and accepting of this around us who are different.

I wouldn't say it is for everyone, but it is for me.

wonderful story! nice to meet ya father!

Beautiful story..

Im married my first cousin also almost 12 years now and have 3 kids already.

Marriwd to a cousin is not a tabop for me..tha most impprtant is u love each other and have respect each other. Thats the secret of happy.married....love respect and trust...

Wonderful story...

My first cousin and I are in the process of coming out slowly...so far so good, but we have yet to tell certain family members.  We don't expect everyone to be accepting, but it's our happiness that matters.

:-)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0