• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
30something

As if life isn't complicated enough!

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I'd like to say thanks to all those who have contributed to make this site. Reading everyone's stories has definitely helped me get my head together.

I'm 32 and when I was 13 my uncle died. I only saw him, my auntie and three cousins once or twice a year but they were the best holidays. I was close to my uncle even though our time together was short. My Dad was very strict, in the RAF for twenty years and we never got on. My Uncle, Dads brother, seemed to be the the good twin and my Dad the evil one. My Uncle was a role model, charismatic, funny, loving and all the things my Dad wasn't. When he died it destroyed me and I went into shock.

Ever since I've struggled with life, battling addiction and depression. It was two years ago this all changed when I received undeniable proof that my Uncle was still with me in spirit. When I realised this I saw that I had never actually been able to grieve. In fact emotionally I hadn't been able to feel anything since he died. The pain of losing him was so great I'd just shut down.

Over the last couple of years I have been on a journey of healing and can finally say I'm free of addiction and depression.

A few weeks ago my cousin came to visit my family. Normally I don't bother going to my family meals because I'm so different to them it's a lot of effort to make an appearance, but some thing told me to go. It'd been 17ys since I'd seen my cuz.

Before the meal I got a chance to chat to her and as far as a friendly conversation goes, it was awesome. We had so much in common it was almost spooky, so we really hit it off.

During the meal I was pretty quiet, and after too. I was hoping for another chance just to chat with my cuz.

Fortunately my parents retired early and left us kids to it, my bro, his Mrs, me and my cuz. I was sat on the sofa and she came and sat next to me and started tapping my thigh. I didn't think anything of it, and when my bro and his Mrs left my cuz sat next to me and leaned her head on my shoulder. We chatted for hours before I left her to get some sleep.

I saw her for a minute the next day. We added each other on Facebook and promised to meet up again. Well, we were messaging each other everyday and within a week she came up north for a day and we met up and drank a lot of coffee and shared a meal.

Now my cousin is good looking and flirty with me but I didn't think anything of it, at the end of the day she's a cousin! Yet the connection we have is amazing, and at the end of the day she hugged me so hard and for so long that as she walked away I felt an emptiness consume me. Since then I can't get her out of my head, I've never loved anyone like this. It's as though God has led me to my soul mate or twin flame, but there's a catch. She my first cousin.

I've tried to ignore how I feel but it's impossible. Since we met she's told me she loves me, that I'm gorgeous, magnetic and just about every compliment you can think of. She asked me to send her a photo of me smiling and despite this and some flirty comments I figured there's no way she would entertain the idea of a relationship.

Yet she got jealous when I said something about my ex and didn't talk to me for three days.

When she did the kisses were gone and she went pretty cold. Now I'm as clueless as they come when it comes to women but even I'm thinking maybe she feels more than just family love. So as an experiment, with nothing to lose I started texting her like I was trying to score a date with the most beautiful woman in the world. I slated my ex just to make sure she knew that path was dead and seriously turned on the charm. She warmed up instantly, the kisses, flirting and long messages came back.

She mentioned a play she wanted to see so I offered to take her. She got back to me saying that would be great and said I'd stay with her and we'd plan loads of cool stuff to do.

That's where I'm at now, waiting to see her and see how it goes. Part of me thinks she feels the same way about me and the other part thinks I'm an absolute idiot that has misread every signal from her and I'm destined to make a fool of myself.

I'm thankful there are so many positive stories on here because it really has made me feel a lot better about how I feel. Still, I've never been so nervous in my life. Words just cannot describe how much I love this girl. I'm 6'4 and she's about 5'2" yet when I'm with her she makes me feel safe!

Well thanks for letting me vent, it's been a nightmare having this all in my head with no one to talk to!

let us know how the date goes!

30something,

Welcome aboard.

There's a thread here to this effect, but, so as to not hijack it, I'll ask here. I'm curious as to how you found us, if you'd be so good as to share.

As to your situation, I'll wish you luck, and also encourage you to share how it goes. Let's not do TMI, but, generalities will suffice. We find ourselves advising members, but we also find that first hand experiences encourage and motivate as well as anything we may say. Assuming your cousin is close to your age, you two are certainly of an age to make a go of a relationship, if you so choose. As a mod, I can have a little peek at where folks are, but, with your reference to the RAF, I don't really need to, and provided you are in the UK, you should know that to pursue this is perfectly legal. Keep our standard, tried and true "If you weren't my cousin, ________" line handy to use if you need an "ice-breaker".

Again, best of luck, and keep us posted.....

I will do Lady C!

Thanks Esmeralda79, lol I can't wait either. I've never had this much riding on a date before.

If I pull this off I am going to be the happiest person alive, failure is not an option :)

Hey Hawk, thanks for the welcome. When I realised I was falling head over heels in love with my cousin I think I googled cousin love or words to that effect. This website was one of the first hits.

I hear you. Reading other people's experiences has definitely made me feel better about crushing on my cousin.

I told my cousin that my ex was jealous of her and she replied it's not like we're hillbillies with webbed feet.

Lol I don't know if she said that to hide her true feelings or if she meant it but I sort of felt the same way. It's like a taboo relationship I always thought.

Having read Lady C's post about government propaganda, and a few other articles I feel at peace with how I feel.

Plus Einstein's parents were cousins, and he himself married his cousin. Pretty good advert for cousin love there!

Yes you're dead right UK so no legal issues.

Lol I've already used that line in a text. I've pretty much told how I feel by text. I'm useless at talking, it's much easier for me to write what's in my head than say it.

I'm shy, introverted, and easily embarrassed. When we were out walking she started telling me a funny sex story about her friend and I almost died, of embarrassment and laughter. I was so shocked I really didn't know what to say.

The amazing thing is she always knows what to say, the right questions to ask to get me talking. She makes me feel soo comfortable about myself I just couldn't imagine a happier life than one with her by my side.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0