• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SBT

New Found and Both Lonely

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

6 posts in this topic

So im on my way out of a long and horrible marriage, 5 counselors in 20 months and get a boyfriend quote for Christmas, bad news for last 17 years  etc etc.. Pretty darn lonely and sick of going places alone or as a "3 some." I had seen my cousin only a few times in the last 40 years.. Darling gal. we will call her "K." Recently my mother asked me to go along to visit her own sister, K's mom - K is living with her, unmarried. We arrive and she comes bopping out, big hug and we were like twins the rest of the day. I asked her if she was seeing anyone to maybe hook me up for a foursome time together. No she says, dating sites are a drag and nothing going.  I say how about us being the odd couple and go to dinner anyway, sick of going alone  I tell her.  She comes out of her shell over the idea and the texting didn't stop. We are both Christians and have kids... They don't know each other on either side and live in diff states (the kids).

This thing is feeling pretty good right now, and K seems OK with it. Her mom asked me back over for dinner.. I think she knows something is up the way K is acting and me responding. We seem both ready to explore this.. I will see how it goes and if im reading this right or not is my game plan. Would never hurt the girl.  Shock for me is that we are both untaken and she is a knockout 56 yo. Seems the door was always shut until now, same for her..   Happen to anyone else here?

Regards

SBT

SBT you are both well able to make your own decisions, kids don't get a say, and if you are both of the same mind, I say 

GO FOR IT!!!  You only live once and sounds like its time both of you start to live and be less lonely!

Best wishes.

yep, i agree. there is definitely no reason not to explore this relationship!

All very kind of you. I do love my children and they look up to me. They are adults, will chuckle, yet in all this they have been close to my X, no matter how she treats me, resulting is some shunning and unneeded loneliness on my part, (she never let the truth get in the way of getting what she wants). It would be like a cross race relationship to them I suppose. I did find a site from Australia (K spent most her life there) and one poster had my first name!  The post here covering doctrinal issues was very sound and encouraging. We are both beyond child bearing years and likely will reside in Alaska part time, where marriage is ok and a pastor there would marry us. Interesting my pastor here just cleared me to move on and a few days later...there she was. Well I will know more in the next weeks. Thank you thank you for your comments and thinking steering this new ground..

SBT

So we are into 3 weeks and are pretty serious. Had one blow up, that night she calls and apologizes big time, really unpacked it, (which my X would just figure out a way to blame me).. Now we are going to the church of her best friend/work partner who is a pastors wife and they spent all Sunday with us like BFF, completely excepted us.  :smiley:  I have never met a person who has relationships so nailed and talks about it as K.  Today her mom spilled the beans to her bible study group and the leader says its illegal in this state, etc.., etc.. K calls me all upset yet thanks to the information here I calm her down. She got over it in fine style and we both are moving fwd. God has blessed her biz since this started big time. She says she has never had a more growth time spiritually in Christ than since we met.

Now get this - One morning I went for a walk and saw something Ive never seen before, to the West a rainbow appeared, this as a vertical pillar, never seen that either.. That afternoon she stopped by my place as she was passing through for a work trip, a rainbow appears so bright it lit up through the curtains. We walk out and there was one end of the bow 50+ feet wide planted on my property, extending in a double arch. I was so stunned I don't think I even thought to take a pic.  Now one must understand that in the Bible the rainbow is a sign of peace and blessing for the future. This is going to work..  Thanks for you encouragement.

SBT

:) God is good, isn't He?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0