• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest No Name

I think I have a crush on my cousin

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

2 posts in this topic

I met my cousin a few times when we were younger, I had many cousins I was close too and he was the cousin none of us ever knew due to distance. I never really saw him as a cousin. When I was about 18 he moved back to where our whole family lives and we became best friends, we both love each other as we say on a family level, but I think I love him differently and it feels so sickening saying that. My behavior with him is like the behavior I would show with a boy I liked. We've never done anything touching wise but sometimes we joke about it. I think I even get jealous when I hear about his girlfriends but I'm so unsure of this because it's very weird. He means a lot to me and I love talking to him and being around him, and even flirting with him. I can't be like this forever, I feel like I need to grow up but we have NEVER discussed it, our behavior just shows it. And do not tell me to pursue a relationship with my cousin please because I could never, my question is, how can I move past this and attempt to have a more normal relationship with him

first of all WHY can you never pursue a relationship with him?

if you really are set on getting him out of your head, cut off any communication with him, and remove him from any social media feeds you may have him on. then set yourself a schedule of when you'll allow yourself to think about him. maybe a half hour each morning and evening... and at any other time you have thoughts of him push them away and tell yourself "not until X time". when you get good at thinking of him only during allowed times, shorten the allowed times.

yes, it really works... but it takes a lot of work. and if this is the real thing, and you're both single, you might be shutting yourself off from the best thing to ever happen to you. why not at least explore the possibility?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0