• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nessa76

Adoption?

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

7 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of adopting a child, made enquiries about it and I've a social worker coming around this Thursday at 10 a.m. I just hope my situation gives me approval for the process to go ahead.

Has anyone else adopted, or thought about it?

nessa76

Yeah, most haven't LadyC. Can be rewarding though, giving it love, care etc... & to be a loved child.

A lot are emotionally disturbed, unattached to people but clingy, that can be overcome though with learning techniques of how to deal with them.

I don't mean this to sound selfish, but I would like to adopt a boy. I do feel that women bond quicker to boys than girls. I obviously want to bond with the child, because I wouldn't want him to go back in to foster care!

nessa76

well most people want girls, so there are probably more boys needing a loving parent than girls. and yes, a lot are emotionally disturbed. i have a nephew who adopted three children. it has been a wonderful thing for all concerned. talk about a rough life before though, these three kids had been in the back seat of a car when the mama's boyfriend got mad and threw a bucket of acid (that he had for cooking meth) into the car... the kids took the worst of it. at the time the youngest was only about a year and a half old... and she didn't get a whole lot of it. but the two older kids got it pretty bad. the older girl got acid burns on her face, neck and arm. the oldest of the three, a boy, got it so bad on his face that it blinded him in one eye. so my nephew and his wife fostered them for a few years before hte adoption became final. those kids are pretty well adjusted! in spite of it all, they're well behaved, and they adore their adopted family.

What a horrible life they had before. Some people don't deserve to have kids, they're sick, twisted and warped!

I'm glad they love their adopted family and well adjusted now, every child deserves love. Acid in the face, is dam right wrong. Did the boyfriend get sent to prison? I hope so.

nessa76

the mom and the boyfriend both went to prison, actually. here's a link to the news story from way back then. it mentions fos ur children... there was another boy, a teenager, but he went to live with a family relative. i don't know why that relative  would only take one and not all three. that's a mystery to me. http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/37652924.html

Maybe the relative could only afford to look after one of the kids, might be wrong though because I obviously don't know him/her.

At least they've a good life now though!

nessa76

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0