• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lovingher9497

She is floundering can someone give me advice?

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

5 posts in this topic

Hey y'all so after my love let me down a few months ago, she told me that she was still having feelings for me... Well after a bit of talking and setting up a date she told me that she can't see me because she's afraid some of our late relatives wouldn't agree if we had done anything! What a kick in the pants. Needless to say I'm absolutely crushed and was hoping someone could give me advice on what to say to her? TYIA!! Lovingher9497

I hope I may be blunt but It sounds like she has done you a favor. Your "late relatives"? Are you kidding me? Don't ever look back my friend.

I have read your post a couple of times understanding how you feel and trying to think of what to say. You are hurt, probably angry and a little confused. It does get better over time. The feeling does not go away and once in a while you question why does it have to be like this. But if you do love your cousin you have to let her go. She isn't a bad person, just scared and not strong enough. Some people just aren't risk takers and pushing will not change that. Take time away from any contact with her for yourself, to mourn your loss and just so you don't drive yourself crazy.

Don't push yourself into dating someone else to soon to get her out of your mind. I went down that track and just ended up hurting a couple of terrific guys. Join a singles events group in your area, try outings on things you like to do or try something new.

My cousin could not and can not come to terms with us. I love him dearly. But I would rather see him happy. It took me between 3-4 yrs before I could talk to him again. But I have my best friend back, my rock, the keeper of my secrets and the one person in this world who has understood me since we were little kids.

Now it is just platonic. Yes, when he dates it drives me crazy and I am jealous. I am still working on that piece. I am confident that you will get there too. 

hey bro well with all honesty i cant really paint an actual legit picture of whats going on unless you mention more information about how you feel about the situation , on top of the info you have given, you and your potential are old enough to make a strong decision for yourselves. reflect and picture this girl being apart of you for the rest of your life, if you can see that as I have then this is how your going to do it. As general information your going to need to move mountains as i have done. many bumps on the road no relationship is perfect but how ive had it in my head that made me carry on going was that, being cousins makes the relationship unique. may not understand now but you have to risk it for the biscuit if you wanna feel what I'm feeling and i feel great. people have different families and deal with situations like this differently sometimes they come hard sometimes they come even harder. needless to say i told my family and they got over it after 2 years. mind you it felt like a life time no matter how much they told me i was wrong for what i was doing, ive put my foot down every time and hit back enough for them to realize i mean business.  I considered their opinion but never took it as a fact. its your life your decision. and bro talk to someone you know that may know your secret that will give you some good advice. never go to bad people, especially if your venting.

but bro take this tip with you: you only push the mountain as far as how much you push for this relationship to happen. Im 22 my gfs 21 safe to say i know where your coming from .

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0