• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LadyC

My nephew

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

8 posts in this topic

short version of the story is this. he's a self-employed house painter married to a midwife. he is step-dad to her children, 4 of whom still live at home, one of whom is in a wheelchair, one of whom is non-verbal autistic (both of them will likely live at home all their lives.) he is also the adopted father of three children who came to live with them after their biological mother and her boyfriend were put in prison... the mother's boyfriend had thrown acid (used in making meth) on the children. jordan and his wife fostered the kids for a couple of years before being able to adopt them.

they're an awesome family. but jordan was diagnosed with hodgins lymphoma last month. so now he can't work, which means he is struggling to pay his insurance premiums, not to mention the chemo and radiation therapy that he is having to go under. and his wife is having to stay home to take care of him and the kids, which means she's barely working part time these days.

that's as short as i can get it. if you'd like to read more about them and see pics of the family, here's the link. it's a gofundme link. can i share it with the rest of the members? i don't really expect anybody would be able to help, but ya never know.

https://www.gofundme.com/SchulerSanders

I see no problem with posting it.

Hopefully they will receive some help.

thanks romalee... anyone else want to weigh in? if nobody starts objecting soon i'll share it with the rest of the board tomorrow..

The only thing I see as a potential problem is that there might be numerous like requests.

If it is made policy that It must be run by admin/mods before posting such requests in the future.

Maybe made a Section all its own.  Like " Special requests" or something of the like.

I still don't see a problem with your posting it.

post it. you dont have to ask.

ok, i'll do that! (tomorrow... helping mark with a project tonight!) thanks boss!

Once I start my job in a week or two and get my first pay I will chip in some to help out. Anything to help others out in need.

thanks fire, that's sweet!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0