KC

Let's start posting again!

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

9 posts in this topic

Let's break in the forum. We paid an arm and a leg to purchase it and I like it so far. Unfortunately, none of the images from the old website converted correctly because of a bug. 

So what in the world is going on with everybody? On facebook? Are you crazy? Come on over and pull up a seat. We have free beer and pizza. We have Vodka for you non drinkers. Not to sound sexist or anything, but we also have some wild women here. Lots and lots. Well, actually, not so much anymore. They were all swept away by the feminist movement. Some married cousins (believe that $hit)? Anyway I am trying to bring some new ones into the fold.

This isn't facebook where you mindlessly scroll and click LIKE! You have to introduce yourself in this funky place. Please register. You will have access to the chat room and other features.

i'm a non-drinker, pass the vodka! beer is nasty tasting! i'll eat some pizza too. nothing much is going on with me. we lost a cat in november. got a new cat in february. she was a rescue cat who had spent a year living in someone's bathroom (because she was afraid of their dogs). she was a happy kitty to suddenly have lots and lots of space to run and play! she adopted my mother right off the bat.

i'm sure somewhere on the other board i'd mentioned this a time or two or a dozen, but after four grandsons, we FINALLY got a granddaughter! she's a year and a half old now though, so this isn't new news. but it's bragworthy nonetheless.

my internet service sucks. i'm so mad at ATT that i'm gonna switch to TWC next week.

the city came out and paved our back alley. when they did, it raised the alley height so they had to also backfill our yard with dirt to prevent drainage problems. HA! it FIXED the drainage problems! we've had 4.5" of rain in the last five days, which would normally have created a big pond at the back of the property that would stay swampy for weeks.... now there's no pond! YEA!! and they scattered grass seed, so we're starting to grow grass. now if we can just keep the neighborhood kids out of it. oh, the innocense of children... last week after the first round of rain, the kids next door were in it, painting the youngest with mud from head to toe. they said they were painting her into a black person. LOL it was hilarious! but i would imagine in this politically correct world, most people would think it was racist. they're kids. they're like 3 and 5 years old. they aren't racist, (and neither are their parents). they were just kids being kids and it would have touched my heart if i hadn't been so annoyed that they were plowing up the mud where we were trying to grow grass.

I'll bite. 

Things are finally calming down in my head and in my reality SOMEWHAT. But, just as I thought I might pop back in regularly, I've been called out to a pipeline job that is suppose to last 6 weeks or so, and is going to be 6/10s. I should make a buck or two on this deal, and it will give me another quarter of paid insurance. It will hopefully time out to where I can beat feet up to a real sweet job in the area where Cuz is. I have no guarantee of getting on that job, but if I do, I WILL be scarce around here for probably the next three years. I should be able to check in nightly, but I doubt I'll be able to camp out in here like I have in times past.

I'll have a free Sam Adams or three, and a slice or two of pizza, but I have my own wild women to try to keep in line, so it's probably just as well we're not overran with them at the moment, LOL

Oh look, here's one of my gals pulling up now..... :P

Granny Hemp.jpg

Well I am still trying to get through school. My memory is $hit and it's getting a bit difficult. I am burned out and will be taking the summer off. 

I am also eating everything that isn't red hot... I've never ate like this before. I guess it's healthy (to a point). I've always been a skinny boy. But since I quit drinking, I'm starved all the time. Just have to say that sobriety is sooo overrated! :)  and I'm not a big fan. Anyhow, I have been buying all new clothes. It's all cool until I lose the weight.

Honestly, I thank God for the grace to do the day by day thing.

LOL kc, you drive me nuts. if you were a member and not the owner, i'd be going in and editing out your feeble attempt at bypassing the profanity filter.

oh, and about the eating thing, sounds to me like your alcohol withdrawal is similar to quitting smoking... eating becomes the substitute habit. EAT MORE BACON! :P

actually i'm not really kidding on that point. eating more things that are higher in fats and less things high in sugars/carbs will help make you not feel hungry all the time. fats are more satiating. and they taste really good too.

Hi all!!  I have been out of the loop for the last week and got a surprise when I logged on today!!!

KC I like the looks of the new software, but it will take me a bit to figure it all out.

Tim and I  spent the last week at a really neat state park campground about 1.5 hours southeast of Dallas, Tx.

I caught the most fish! Don't tell him I was bragging!  We liked it so well we are thinking of applying to be park hosts

next year.

All else is well in our world. Will be heading out to Georgia in about a month, plan to be gone 4-8 weeks.

Will be spending most of that time with our son and family. Haven't seen them in over a year.

Pass me a slice of pizza and some vodka and mixer! Later guys

hi romalee!!! what's your fave mixer for the vodka? just curious LOL. mine is diet 7-up and a packet of grape or strawberry crystal light (or koolaid, or hawaiian punch, or whatever).

I just realized almost all my last post was underlined! Not done on purpose and don't know how that happened.

LadyC  I like Colorado bullcogs, They have vodka, khalua, coke and milk. Can't remember the exact measurements.

Been a long time since I made them myself.  You can probably google it and find out.  Tastes like chocolate milk and goes

down really smooth.  But watch out it will kick you when you least expect it!!!   LOL

I would seriously love to throw back a few brewskies with you folks.  Y'all sound like my kind of people: a little strange and unphased by the fact that I just married my first cousin.  Who brought the vodka?  I've had to give up my drink of choice, rum, because it gave me migraines, so vodka has become my new go-to.  I'll get use to it, it'll be ok.  I'm still in mourning.  But I'm taking notes on y'alls favorite vodka mixers.  

I think I'm going back to school in the next year.  This working 3 jobs is killing me and I've gotta go down to one.  OK, I'll probably always have 2 jobs because I'm not sure I'll ever be able to fully give up teaching piano.  I'll be 90 and still yelling at some middle schooler to use right hand finger 3 on E flat in the B flat Major scale.  Are kids ever gonna practice their scales??

Life is good.  I'm in love.  I've still gotta change my last name on all those legal documents; I'm avoiding it because it'll be a pain in the tushie.  But life is good.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead