• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Serendipity

Reputation?

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

32 posts in this topic

Dumb question, perhaps, but How do you give Reputation?  When I click on the little heart at the bottom of a post, it pops up with WHO has given reputation, but doesn't allow me to add my approval to it.

BTW, I don't like the term "Reputation".  A Like button would sound better.  Or even a "You go girl" or "That Was Fantastic" button.  hehe

i didn't even kno it a called reputation LOL. oh heck, my keyboard i$ dropping letter$ again. the green up arro and the red don arro rate a po$t. $taff can't be rated. i give you kudo$ a lot, lately. :) the other day i thought you $hould be part of the $taff, but then i ouldn't be able to pat your back!

3 hours ago, LadyC said:

:) the other day i thought you $hould be part of the $taff, but then i ouldn't be able to pat your back!

I've never mentioned this publicly, but I may as well now. Some weeks ago, I made this same suggestion, and passed it up the food chain. I suggested it because I knew my time here would be limited with all of the changes in my life, and if/when I went back to work. I had no idea this job was going to take up pretty much ALL my time.

I will second this nomination, if you would like to proceed LadyC, and if you would be willing to moderate, Serendipity.....

i imagine kc will be looking at this thread sooner or later.... i'm ok with it either way, but i do like being able to give rep to someone!

Ummm, LadyC, was there an answer in that mess?  Green up arrow and red down arrow?  Staff can't be rated?  Alrighty, I'll figure it out, most likely.

Moderate?  I'd need more info.  I work 3 jobs, so it might not be feasible.  I am honored at the nomination, though. And shucks, I don't need no back patting.  I just says it like I sees it.  You can like it or not. 

are you able to see the arrows next to the little heart? you won't see them on a staff member's post or on your own, so you'll have to look at a post in another thread. those are how you give the kudos. it's funny though... i can't click on the little heart under your post  to see who has given you rep. i can hover over the +8 under your profile pic and see that it says that's your rep points, but that's about it.

I really don't like the "reputation" term. I agree we need a like button.  And a dislike one to go along with it! hehe

let's think of something to change it to (assuming we can change what it is called, and i'm not sure about that.) i think it's good to have members rated, but i'd rather it reflect the credibility of their advice. so.... 'wisdom rating'? 'credibility'? maybe 'reliability'? what would ya'll suggest? of course, if everybody wanted to get rid of it altogether, we could. but i think i'd miss it. or we could do like on the old forum and disable the dislikes option so that people could only rate with likes, and some disgruntled person couldn't come along and sabotage people's ratings. (then we could turn them back on for staff)

I think "like" works for me.  If I agree with or like the post I have read, it fits better. 

Not sure the terms you suggested work for me.  Sometimes there isn't and "wisdom" involved!! lol  But I am only one here.

I do agree with not having a "dislike" button. I was joking.

And I think it would be nice for staff to have the option also.

ok i made $ome change$. pardon my $trange typing, my keyboard i$ p$ychotic. there i$ now ju$t a like button, no unlike. we can all receive likes but can't give them to ourselves. so that means we need to get busy and like staff posts LOL.

i'm in the process of going thru staff posts and giving some rep, just because. i can't change the 'reputation' ord to anything else tho :(

I can do that in the language file Ladyc. If you can tell me something to change it to...

oh cool! ok, so since the only place (that i can see) where the word reputation appears is when you hover over the little +11 or whatever the number on the left side, i'm good with wisdom. or maybe we could put reliability. or advice-IQ lol. or we could just shorten it to 'rep'. maybe wwe could call it "advice rating"? thank for giving me a like, i need a little 

romalee, whatcha think of advice rating?

actually, "good (or great) advice rating' make more  sense than just 'advice rating.'

Hey I will go with the flow and the majority.  Sometimes posts have nothing to do with advice, wisdom or reliability but

it could work.

Go for what works best for the most. 

true, sometimes it's just a high 5!

hey, that's it! let's call it 'total member high 5 rating' :)

That has a nice ring to it!!  I like it.

I like "Community Trust Rating" or "High 5's". I'm still thinking...

i like community trust rating too!

Ok, I will get to it Monday if not before.... :)

Look who is the new moderator... 

woot! :D

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor