Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest AvengedLoss

I lost mine, but I want to help

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

4 posts in this topic

This page is a place for cousins to openly express their newfound love for one another or opinions on the subject.

There are so many groups and pages for LGBT, Gay Pride, Transformer Bathrooms, Abortionists, Black Lives Matter(Umm all lives matter) oh and the Feminists, and American Feminists look like such whiner-babies compared to that of other countries, like seriously look up Russian or Kurdish Feminists, THOSE LADIES GOT GUNS!

Off on a tangent there, but the point is there is a group for pretty much everything until it comes to having feelings for or a relationship or even marriage with your cousin.

So this page is made so that you can get the word out, don't be afraid of who you are or what the "all-excepting" society says, clearly not all-excepting but they love to say that they are.

A bit of info for you:

-The chance of having a child with a birth defect doubles... from 2% to 4% meaning a minimum chance of 96% to have a perfectly healthy baby.

-Cousins have much less chance of miscarriages than a random couple because of their similar body chemistry. (But think about it, what is a miscarriage, it is a birth defect so severe that the baby cannot continue to live and dies meaning in truth a "normal" couple has more birth defects, theirs just usually end up with a dead baby.)

-Cousin marriage is legal in more states in the U.S. than it is illegal, and population wise most people in the United States are completely allowed by the law to date, kiss, marry, blow their cousin's mind.

Yet its legal in every state for same-sex-marriage??? where's the fries? bro!!

Nothing happens until people make it happen, and you need a lot of people or a lot of power, for instance look at Trump, people are 1 of 2 ways; They either love him or love to hate him. Yet he has all this publicity funding by stuff, him, a single human man, did, to be able to get this well known.

So help join our cause whether you love your cousin or if you just wanna p*** people off for the hell of it, let's give the cousin movement a little jump start, its there, its been there, just hiding in the corners waiting for a larger more powerful group to bring them to the front lines and fight beside them.

I used to be #1 incase you're wondering, but i lost her because no movement like this had happened yet and eventually I fell out of love with her and fell for a Mormon girl who destroyed my heart a thousand times more than my cousin, Grace, did.

So now I have put so much work into this over the past 5 years (I am 23, so yes I know what pain it can cause when its ripped out of your chest, which never would have happened if i had showed her this 2 1/2 years ago when i proposed to her crying)

But anyway I am #2 I do not want her anymore, It's merely a true love lost never to burn again. Though I won't let my work go to waste and my pain be for nothing.

So which reason will you join?
1 - You love your cousin
2 - You just want to P*** some people off
OH WAIT #3 - both (;

Essentially I want to make it as big of a movement/cause whatever as LGBT was/is and to do that it's gotta get out on social media, this site is very nice and i looked for help from this site many years ago with Grace but MY KNOWLEDGE wasn't enough, because everyone else does not go to these sights, you only find this site if your are already considering, it needs to be a well-known movement and fact that sex/marriage with your cousin is not any more dangerous than the "normal" way.

Please go to the link and Like the page, and most importantly... SHARE it so it can spread. own up to loving your cousin, I did and the worst thing that happened was people made cousin jokes with me, and I even got my last girlfriend by telling her about the story of me and my younger cousin Grace.

Put it this way, if you're ashamed(which you have no reason to be) for loving your cousin, how can you expect her to be with you if you won't even acknowledge that you're involve with the most special girl in the word to you, or guy, but i'm writing from a guys standpoint.

Don't make my mistake, don't wait until it's too late, do it now while there is still time.

https://www.facebook.com/Cousins-can-love-eachother-too-1177721482240892/

Remember: Like.... and SHARE

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i do like your enthusiasm. and tho you have the facts basically right, they need just a little straightening up. like..

The chance of having a child with a birth defect doubles... from 2% to 4% meaning a minimum background risk. 1.4 - 2.8% increase, actually. but to say 'minimum chance' is misleading because there are so many other types of birth defects included in that background risk that may cause certain individuals to have as much as a 50% chance... check our info pages on genetics for a more thorough understanding of the different kinds of birth defects.

not entirely sure that miscarriages decrease any. http://consang.net/index.php/Summary  provides some info on studies that seem to indicate other, but there are so many variables to account. it is such a technical article that it leaves me a bit confused. but in any case, this is misleading and really very, very insensitive to anyone that has lost a child before birth...

Quote

(But think about it, what is a miscarriage, it is a birth defect so severe that the baby cannot continue to live and dies meaning in truth a "normal" couple has more birth defects, theirs just usually end up with a dead baby

miscarriages can be caused by any number of things, and genetics is only one small part of that equation. miscarriages often have nothing at all to do ith any birth defect. 

Quote


-Cousin marriage is legal in more states in the U.S. than it is illegal,

true, but not. entire truth... HALF of all states prohibit cousin marriages, although some of those states make exceptions for cousins if they are beyond child-bearing age.

 

ok so on to the cause... it's not that there has never been a movement, because i led it for years... until 2007. some of the info here on this site came from its sister site, cuddleinternational.org... 'cousins united to defeat discriminating laws thru education'. i created and proudly wore a t-shirt that said 'i married my cousin'... in public! i (and others) appeared on TV, radio, magazine, newspaper... called and wrote legislators, you name it. eventually i burned out and we merged the two sites back into one, because fewer and fewer people  were willing to get involved... and i couldn't do it alone. so it fizzled before your time, i'm afraid.

but that doesn't mean those wwho won't like and share your social media page are ashamed. i'm not the least bit ashamed. but IMO, social media is a detriment to society, and the worst thing that ever happened to this country. i rarely get on FB anymore, and am better off without it. it isn't the appropriate place to be raising awareness anyway. not  for me, anyway.

but i still love your enthusiasm... and if channelled properly it could be just what the dr. ordered. i'm more than happy to help you polish up the rough spots in your presentation, and help prepare you for things like dealing ith the media. :)


 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one more thing, if i may make a suggestion. on your FB page, don't let it be an in-your-face kind of thing. make every post count. make every post informational, educational, without emotion, and provide links back to source... and i don't necessarily mean link back to here, but find other source of info (or use our sources). THAT is how to make a difference in the world using social media.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with LadyC on the content of your FB page.  If you really just started the page to piss someone off, as you say you did, then you have lost credibility.  After looking at your page, I couldn't figure out what you wanted to do with it.

And don't expect a lot of folks to "Like" your page.  With laws being the way they are, I won't like it - won't take a chance concerning my marriage.  That does not mean I am ashamed of my marriage; it does mean that at the present moment it would be foolish of me to make my cousin marriage status public.  We each have to fight the battle in our own way.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0