Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Artie

Can anyone talk about areas where cousin marriage is socially acceptable?

4 posts in this topic

I am interested in knowing areas where cousin marriage is acceptable and even where a many married couples live. I'm in California where it is legal, but still not really socially acceptable.

artie, the world is full of ignorant people. you will find married cousin couples EVERYWHERE... and you will find bigots surrounding them. it's just the way it is. the only way to overcome that is to educate them. (or move to the middle east where it's common practice!)

Thank you Lady C,

I was just wondering, most people who k ow about me and my first cousin are shocked but when I explain the genetics they become accepting. This has just been a hard journey and would like to go somewhere I know there won't be any stigma.

The Middle East is generally more accepting to cousin marriages. Many cultures there have a first cousin marriage preference! I do not recommend moving to Pakistan, for example, although they wouldn't bat an eye if you told them you had married your cousin. You would find a whole different set of problems there. 

My best advice is not to advertise it to every tom, shriveled appendage, and harry. It's none of their business. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0