• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Serendipity

A Small Pity Party

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

5 posts in this topic

I'm just going to take a moment for a small pity party - and then move on with the day!

I am madly in love with my cousin - and from all appearances, he with me.  This truly is a relationship that has been decades in the making and now that we have decided to pursue one another, the chemistry and connection are just unbelievable! I honestly could not ask for a better man to love and to be loved by.

"So, wait", you may ask, "what's the pity party for?".

The d*** distance between us is what I'm ruing over!  250 hateful miles separate us.  "Oh, that's not so bad", some may say.  But when you want to be with someone as badly as we want to be with each other, 250 miles is simply dreadful.  I have read several posts that mention how quickly a cousin relationship can heat up - and I relate to those comments very much.  It was as if once we decided to go for it, the intensity of the relationship skyrocketed!  Being separated at the beginning of a new relationship is harder than with an established one.  New love means learning about each other, it's seeing each other in different situations, it's wanting to be with your lover every stinkin' minute possible, and when these moments are delayed it truly does cut the heart through and through.

Yes, I do get to see my Love at least twice a month  - which I know is more than a lot of couples in LDRs.  And believe me, I am grateful that there's only a 3 hour drive between us.  There are just times, like today, when I just want to chuck all my responsibilities and go with my Love to a little cabin in the woods and just be us, together.

OK.  Now, I'm done and I will get back to work.  Thank you for listening.  The End.    :cheesy:

Good thing yours is just a drive.. ours is by plane or boat. But when times does seems unfair, those are also the times I get to figure out what?s worth fighting for. I?m think i?m not making any sense, have a good day anyway.  :wink:

I would kill (figuratively, of course) to live only 3 hours drive away from my cousin... we're over 1000km apart, among other things that keep us separated  :(

But I know what you mean, though :smiley:

@daughterofeve I cannot imagine how far a thousand kms is. How do you both cope up with it? Is there no problem just casually visiting each other at all without being suspecious?

I'm not sure coping is the right word, we don't really cope. We are not together, we decided it's better to stay just cousins (more him than me, but still), and I said I needed a break from him, so I decided we should interrupt contact. It was probably one of the hardest things I've done, but it just hurt too much and I could feel myself falling deeper in love with him and I knew I had to let him go sooner or later. Also, I haven't seen him for over a year :cry:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0